Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: White dudes and identity politics.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    There are notable and noble exceptions, but I tend to find that people who claim to see facts that very few others can see are the most likely to fit the conspiracy theorist template.
    A generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    According to a recent Rasmussen Reports Survey, one third of all Democrats believe it's racism anytime a white politician criticizes a non-white politician.
    It seems to me that number is actually higher. I think I could make the case that virtually all Progressives judge everyone by three criteria: skin color, gender and political philosophy. Part of me thinks "whatever makes you feel better about yourself" but the other part of me thinks "grow up little dude, you're irritating everyone else."
    Total BS!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    A generalization.
    It is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    ThatÂ’s what I did in 2016. I saw the two as roughly equivalent evils. The Democrats would need to bring forth a truly awful candidate to make me vote for Trump. At the moment this seems to be within the realm of possibility, although a few in the 1% range might be acceptable.
    Why even vote if you know the person you voted for has no chance to win? Vote for the lesser of 2 evils as in the last election. Some say it is the principal ... which in these cases is a waste of time. I wouldn't even bother then. As others have stated, I will vote for anyone but Trump.

Surprised to hear you would vote Democrat LDAHL. You give the impression of being a Trump fan.

Pete or Warren are at the top of my list so far. Kamala Harris is not a contender IMO.

According to a recent Rasmussen Reports Survey, one third of all Democrats believe it's racism anytime a white politician criticizes a non-white politician.
    It seems to me that number is actually higher. I think I could make the case that virtually all Progressives judge everyone by three criteria: skin color, gender and political philosophy. Part of me thinks "whatever makes you feel better about yourself" but the other part of me thinks "grow up little dude, you're irritating everyone else."
    It seems to me that I think I could make the case that virtually all your reasoning here is laughable. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Total BS!
    Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but definitely not BS.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    It seems to me that I think I could make the case that virtually all your reasoning here is laughable.
    Thank you, I'm here most every day, and please remember to tip your wait staff.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thank you, I'm here most every day, and please remember to tip your wait staff.
    I tip each poster;s thoughts and contribution but your efforts behind the scenes are especially worthy and appreciated.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Why even vote if you know the person you voted for has no chance to win? Vote for the lesser of 2 evils as in the last election. Some say it is the principal ... which in these cases is a waste of time. I wouldn't even bother then. As others have stated, I will vote for anyone but Trump.

Surprised to hear you would vote Democrat LDAHL. You give the impression of being a Trump fan.

Pete or Warren are at the top of my list so far. Kamala Harris is not a contender IMO.
    I have never thought much of Trump, ethically, ideologically or stylistically. I think he’s bad for America, the Republican Party and the English language. I would choose the right Democrat over him, should the party nominate one of the two or three less ridiculous candidates putting themselves forward.

But not being a Trump fan does not mean I think that there aren’t even worse choices than Trump out there.

We will have to disagree to disagree as to whether acting on principle is a waste of time.

Why even vote if you know the person you voted for has no chance to win? Vote for the lesser of 2 evils as in the last election. Some say it is the principal ... which in these cases is a waste of time.
    There are plenty of nuanced discussions to be had on ethical non-voting - indeed, some have happened on this forum.

The “wasted vote” and “lesser of two evils” tropes have some philosophical and moral issues.

Thread Information