Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Admitting things to myself.

I like yardwork more than housework too! I think it's because the yard is used less, so it stays looking good longer. That said? I hate raking leaves in fall, because well, you do it and do it and do it, and more leaves fall!

I couldn't justify the money for cleaning but if I could: I'd probably use that money and get a monthly professional massage instead. Let things be messy, sweet stress relief, just lying on that table, oh yea.
    Trees don't grow on money

Well if we are being perfectly honest...…. I get the massage too. In fact, when everything was in turmoil I was going in for a 90 minute massage once a week. I rarely buy things of a material nature but I'm big on pampering when I'm overwhelmed by duties I can't turn my back on. The massages kept me from running away from home. Both DH and I look back on it now and can't believe we did what we did in the time that we did it. I guess when you are in the middle of a hurricane you can't appreciate how bad it was until you are through it see it in your rear view mirror.

I used to get a massage monthly when I was working. I loved it. We had to make some choices when my part time job went away so some things sadly went away. But I figured if my mom could clean her apartment until she died at 89 I can certainly clean now. Our yard has 3 big fruit trees that are constantly dropping leaves, etc and making a mess. Leaves from the neighbors trees blow in. I use my patio a lot so am constantly sweeping. I hate yard work but my husband does most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    I like yardwork more than housework too! I think it's because the yard is used less, so it stays looking good longer. That said? I hate raking leaves in fall, because well, you do it and do it and do it, and more leaves fall!
    I have always liked yardwork and don’t like housework. I have always said I could hire people to do my house, and I have, and whatever they do I’ll be happy with because I don’t care about it. It is better than when I want to do is spend time on.

But I’m not sure I can hire somebody to do my yard because I’m very picky about what gets done and how it’s done.

Once in my last few years of working I did hire my neighbor’s landscaping company to do the first round of spring weeds and she sent her best weeder, a college kid hort student, to weed my garden because she knew it was fraught with potential problems.

Now that I’m retired I don’t mind the housework that I do. There’s tons of it I don’t do so I must mind that ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Trees. They will do that to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Trees. They will do that to ya.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ... I have always said I could hire people to do my house, and I have, and whatever they do I’ll be happy with because I don’t care about it. ...
    My sentiments exactly.

Thread Information