Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July-August 2019

Lol! I had some actual creative work to do yesterday, so I counted the five minutes I spent cleaning up and organizing my work space before I got started. I also cleaned up after myself, but I didn’t count that.

today I have to do a lot of desk work in the house, so I will plan on a 30 minutish break to work on the studio for a change of pace.

I did an hour today on just little piles of clutter in the dining room and living room. I'm still in baby steps mode, which I feel is often how I start.

New total: 2.5.

Well, I did my 30 minutes, so I am up to 3:50. I am baby stepping along with you.

dd still has her dumpster until Saturday, and I am going to be near her on Thursday, so my plan for tomorrow is to go through some of the larger stuff in the studio and try to identify things that I don’t need and that can go.

5 hours!

i have 8 shelving units I have to clear off, wipe down, and then either donate or move and reload in a neat and organized fashion.

two are empty. One has been cleaned and reloaded.

the back of my suv (behind the backseats) is packed to the level of the headrests with stuff to throw out tomorrow. One back passenger seat is lightly filled with stuff to take to school.

there is also a small donate pile.

new total 8:50

Woot, CL! That is awesome progress all in one day

I am still in the process of right-sizing for my little house, while preserving as much floor space as possible for 3 dogs.
    I am mindful of the fact that I cleared out files and paper over a year ago, have kept up with it, in spurts, even purged a few files totally... but have not touched the rest of it in at least a year. Mind you, this was all “important to keep” stuff. I’m reminded fairly frequently that there are 2 file boxes under my desk- because one of my dogs would really love to be there while I’m at the desk. Every time I pull out the shredder that also lives there, she skinnies under there and looks so unhappy when I make her move so I can put the shredder back.

So, all that to say I am going to join you all in keeping track of a couple of projects: revisiting my files, and revisiting photos to look for any I can add to a board for my uncles 90th birthday party in late August (I think I have a bunch of pics with him in Yosemite years ago, that would be a lot of fun). I don’t anticipate that these projects will take any where near 40 hours, but I may think of something else along the way.

Welcome, mschrisgo and congrats Chicken Lady on all your progress.

For the first time in my life, I seem to have a summer flu (?!). Chills, fever. I'm laying low but hope to get back to work soon.

I have set myself a 90 day challenge. I’m supposed to clean house an hour a day and deciutter for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. The first 30 days have passed, I got about 1/2 the decluttering done and about 1/3 off the cleaning done.

My problem has never been getting rid of stuff , it’s the panic attacks I get in a clean space which make it so hard.

So, I won’t beat myself up over what I haven’t done, but just try and do better this month!

newgig
    Last edited by NewGig; 8-1-19 at 11:34pm.

Ejchase, I hope you feel better soon.

NewGig, that is a lot of time each day. What else do you do?

all I did yesterday was drop the stuff off. I’m feeling pretty wiped out this morning.

Joining in a month late so will do 20 hours, starting counting from yesterday, did .5 on shed boxes.
    Got rid of a cd player husband got at a SC garage sale 3 years ago and never used.
    Got rid of only remaining rag rug that I made, had given to my parents and they had in their house. It just made me sad, so it's out.
    Found some stacking mixing bowls that I put in a cupboard to use.

19.5 to go /.5 done

Hi Tybee,

good start!

i put in another 3 hours and 20 minutes today. I think I have almost reached maximum disruption. I keep removing stuff from the room, and the room keeps looking worse.

I have the back corner cleared out now. I swept it, but I need to shop vac and mop. Then I need to wash the empty shelves and start putting them where they belong.

new total: 12:10

Thread Information