Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July-August 2019

No disc, just a burn barrel.

2 more hours working on organizing and getting rid of old seeds. Reorganized files and got rid of 3/4 of the warranty info in the files and a lot of old farming files. Got rid of some more courses I taught then years ago, old notes, materials, and syllabi.

15/20

I assumed it was a burn barrel, i’m just wondering - do you not have recycling?

Another hour today. New total: 16.

2 hours labeling and purging old seed packets and gardening materials..

17/20

I tackled the trunk of my car yesterday, though I brought a lot of the junk from it inside and haven't gone through all of it yet. Nevertheless, I spent 30 minutes clearing it out and then went to the car wash. It feels so good to be in a clean car.

I spent another 30 minutes clearing off the dining room table, recycling a lot of paper, filing other papers, etc.

One hour. New total: 17.

Yay for a nice clean car!

tybee, you are going to be done early!

I put in half an hour this morning - decided where to keep the glazes and underglazes, gathered them all up into a much too big pile, and put the underglazes away.

25:50

An hour and a half sorting glazes, washing things, and adding water to dried out bottles - I have to get the glaze out to recycle them, so I may as well try to rehydrate it and use it. (Memo to self - when there is half an inch of thick glaze in the bottom of the jar - THAT is the moment to thin it out and pour it into another container!)

27:20

I put in another hour and 45 minutes today - straightening up, washing things, dissolving dried up glaze and transferring it into other bottles (consolidating each color into one bottle)

the glaze is going to be slow - if it is at all moist, it takes forever to dissolve, but if it is bone dry, it dissolves very quickly. So I have a bunch of jars with the lids off sitting in rows on the floor so the last, mostly dry, half inch of glaze can finish drying out.

i emptied seven containers today - out of ? I stopped counting at 53 when I realized I might reach 200. Some of them won’t get emptied though, they’ll be the combined bottle or jar.

new total: 29:05

Found another container of seeds we saved last year. One hour sorting through and getting them into smaller containers (removing them from seed heads, basically and relabeling.)
    At least this is the last box, so all seeds will be incorporated into same place and same storage system.
    18/20

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Found another container of seeds we saved last year. One hour sorting through and getting them into smaller containers (removing them from seed heads, basically and relabeling.)
    At least this is the last box, so all seeds will be incorporated into same place and same storage system.
    18/20
    Spent another 4 hours completing this project, incorporating seeds into master seed storage, using same system for storage have used for 20 years now.

Saved a few seeds today from an heirloom poppy I grew from seeds purchased from the historic site last year. This year, they didn't have any, so glad I am saving these.

I guess the mess will start all over again as we save from this year. Oh well. At least we are caught up.

22/20

Thread Information