Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July-August 2019

No one wants fake plants anymore. They are a pain as you have to clean them on a regular basis. One good thing about being retired is that I have plenty of time for decluttering and cleaning.

If I were decorating a house--for holidays or otherwise--I might be all over fake greenery/plants. I have no inclination toward growing anything--except older...

My MIL loves red geraniums, so I got her a basket of decent looking faux geraniums for her room as the nursing home. She loves them, and is delighted they continue to do so well, and is perpetually surprised every time I tell her they aren't real. So I guess even fake flowers have their place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    My MIL loves red geraniums, so I got her a basket of decent looking faux geraniums for her room as the nursing home. She loves them, and is delighted they continue to do so well, and is perpetually surprised every time I tell her they aren't real. So I guess even fake flowers have their place in the world.
    This made me smile.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I completed 30 more minutes today. New total: 15.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    This made me smile.
    Me too. That's some loving care right there.

Ejchase, you are doing well! Keep at it!

we once took my great grandmother an Easter basket in the nursing home. She loved it, but she was upset because she couldn’t crack the eggs. We had to explain that they were made of plastic and show her how to open them. When the treats fell out, she said “well isn’t that something! i’ve never seen such a thing!” She was delighted, and wanted to show all the staff and ask if they had ever seen such a thing.

i spent another 20 minutes on the studio yesterday. Got another shelf in place. I’m slowing down because I have a lot of school prep to get done.

24:20

2 hours sorting through old teaching materials, cleaning stuff in shed (found airbed, cleaned out storage tub, put airbed in it), getting rid of some old seeds. Burned an online statistics course I took--that felt really good.

13/20

We are racking up a lot of hours!

tybee, I am curious about why you are burning some of this stuff.

i did 45 minutes on shelves yesterday and another 15 this morning.

25:20

i only have to average 45 minutes a day to make my goal!
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 8-15-19 at 8:52am.

I was wondering if Tybee is burning with fire or burning as in "burning a disc."

Thread Information