Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
ej, I have a question. Are you holding the gain from all the past 40 hour segments?

I ask, because you've spent a ton of hours decluttering. I can't relate as I'm an organized person and our home would be empty by now. I'm trying to understand the scope of this project.
Hi Gardnr, I would say it's a very "three steps forward, two steps backward" process. The quote from me rosa rugosa posted says it best. Unlike you, I've been pretty disorganized over my life, and when I began this project, I probably had about 30 boxes of just clutter in my house, so I have serious issues. A corner of my bedroom, the guestroom, and upstairs hallway all had huge stacks of clutter. Now the guestroom can be made for clutter-free for a guest within an hour (things sometimes still collect in there), and the upstairs hallway and my bedroom are about 90% clutter-free. I still have some boxes of clutter to go through (from "backsliding" or just ones I've never gone through) at various places in the house (maybe 5-10?), but it's all a lot better than it was before.

Every time I do a block of 40 hours, I end up establishing some systems or places for things that prevent future clutter build up, but I still have much to do. In any case, these 40-hour blocks have made more of a difference in me finally facing these life-long issues than anything else has, and I'm so grateful to the community here for all your support with it.