Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July-August 2019

Congratulations, Tybee!

Tybee, how do you store your seeds? I live in a zone that ranges -29 to 112 F. I've not saved seeds year to year because I always fear they won't produce. However, I would like to stop spending $25 on seed every year!

Once they are totally dry and out of the temporary container (we use paper lunch sacks or manilla envelopes) then I put them in small white stationary envelopes and then file them in cardboard photo boxes. Sometimes I will put those boxes in a large plastic container (over the winter, when I am not using anything) down in the basement where it stays cool.

I put the seeds I buy in the same type of photo boxes alphabetically by what they are. So all the boxes can stack and I can mix what I grew with what I bought if I want to. Usually they reside on shelving in the mudroom.

They used to carry the photo boxes at Rite Aid but now I can only get them at Michaels or some similar store.

Congrats Tybee and everybody else on your progress!

I am struggling a LOT with motivation to declutter this summer. But I sat down and looked back on all the threads I've started on these batches of 40 hours these last three years with all of you offering support and encouragement, and that really helped. It reminded me I always have trouble getting myself going but that I've really accomplished a lot.

So I got through two more hours, including finding some other moms to take a couple of items off my hands: a toddler toilet seat and a bag of karate equipment. So glad when these things don't have to go to the landfill!

New total: 19.

Good job ejchase!

i slowed down because i’ve Been prepping for classes and doing actual clay work in my studio, but I put another hour in on the glaze area.

30:05

I might make it....

Spent 3 hours in my files on Thursday. I have almost 2 boxes worth that I can discard, and I’d be most comfortable if they were shredded. Well.. shredder is kaput. Checked on replacing it, Staples has a couple on sale... then I noticed that they have heavy duty shredders in their self serve “copies” area- $5 for 20 minutes. Hmmm... went back today with my paper and ran it through their shredder, cost me $5. The woman working the counter said one can run a few things through occasionally without paying for 20 minutes. Bingo! I’m not buying a new shredder! I use their mailing services, so I am there occasionally... will simply stuff a Manila envelope until the next time I go there. Dropped off the old shredder at the recycle place.

Both tasks completed, in a total of 7 hours. Yay!! (I don’t have anything left that would take 40 hours.)

Congrats, mschrisgo!

I won't make my goal this week - I am leaving town for three days tomorrow - but I did do another 30 minutes last Friday morning. New total: 19.5.

Wow mschrisgo2!

i can’t Imagine not having a project that would take 40 hours. Maybe some day.

ejchase, you have still done a lot.

i put in another half hour yesterday.

30:35

50 minutes in the glaze area.

so much dried up, dried on glaze - never again!

31:25

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    (I don’t have anything left that would take 40 hours.)
    Me either. Our entire home contents would be packed in 40 hours.

Thread Information