Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July-August 2019

I did 3 majors (for me) this morning. 1&2: In my quilting studio I have 2 corkboards. I went through everything pinned and got rid of all the quilt ideas/photos/notes that don't appeal to me or already know now. I rearranged what I'm keeping and now I can see it all. 3. I brought home a box of all my 'stuff' from my office when I retired July 26. I've gone through it and given what I truly want to keep, a new home so I can enjoy those things. The empty box is now upside down on a high shelf in the garage for when we need a smallish box-it's a great quality box. I have a steamer that has not been used for 10+ years and I found a taker for it. A young newlywed who had one on her gift registry and didn't get one. It is leaving tomorrow.

It really doesn't sound like much but I tell ya, it feels lighter in there and I LOVE that!

Time spent: MAYBE 20 minutes?

Besides last week's cardboard and Styrofoam roundup, my relative has expressed an interest in art supplies, so I'll be able to unload a box of extras to them, while continuing to fill bags of household items for an upcoming donation run.

Gardnr, congrats on big changes in 20 minutes! I totally get how great that can feel.

JaneV, it sounds like you are getting a lot of stuff out of the house!

Did another 30 minutes at home this morning. New total: 24.5.

Another hour today: 25.5. Putt putting along.

Another hour today. New total: 26.5.

30 more minutes today. New total: 27.

Took our old luggage to the thrift store. One suitcase was huge and we didn’t want to deal with it anymore. The others were carryons and we have newer ones that we prefer. On our month Europe trip we each will have one small carryon and one medium one to check.

I want to say that this chunk of time approach is working well for me in my never-ending quest for a neater cellar. "Clean the cellar" is way too daunting, but "spend 30 minutes in the cellar and see what can be accomplished in that time" is very do-able. I'm not tracking the overall time but I'm definitely making progress and I think the approach has a lot to do with it.

I have made no progress whatsoever, but Rosa, your post is inspiring me to try the 30 minutes int he cellar, especially since DH is on vacation now and I have told him he has to help. We could do 30 minutes in cellar and 30 minutes in garage and 30 in one other room and we could get this place whipped into shape. But it has to be limited in time. Maybe 20, 20, and 20.

Thread Information