Thread: Cant seem to write a decent schedule

Cant seem to write a decent schedule

It doesn't seem like i can write decent schedules this summer. If i am not making errors then i deal with complaints from staff about how many hours they are getting. Then sometimes they complain about long shifts. They are good about getting suba among each other when they need changes. Still it seems like I can't do this well, and honestly it is me.

The first schedules i wrote i got corrected on every time for using too many hours. Then i started cutting down. Now i have super heavy admin work for fall so i am having more people stay later to help because i cant help with cleaning. The only thing I can push off a little is that my confidence is blown and the time i am allowed to work on schedules is much too short. I have 13 staff, balancing aides who can't be alone with kids with leaders, finding admin time for my colleague and I and different ratios for field trips plus subbing staff out to other sites. Everyone else seems to get it right as far as I can tell

I have 2 more weeks of schedules to write with more complications, but I really want to do it well.

It is not an easy job.

Those who are first line, like you, are always going to get the feedback/complaints about too many hours, too few hours, wrong day for me because fill in the blank, I cannot do this, etc. You all are running on the edge with a lot of requirements dealing with qualifications and such. I suspect you have been given a job site that requires XX hours to get everything done but are given X hours to do it. Pretty common in every occupation.

Please don't assume others "get it right". They are probably just keeping quiet and keeping their heads down.

It is not an easy job. But you only have 2 weeks to go.

Thank you, It is easy to blame my brain which is still recovering.

Hey I was able to write the other day! Like a dharma talk (buddhist thing) so that is a huge step

Thread Information