Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Prime - please tell me about this

I've been fortunate to receive few Chinese knockoffs (out of hundreds of items), but I did order an inexpensive (but well-made) canvas crossbody bag with the prestigious label MYHOZEE embossed on a pleather medallion. One wonders if there are actually entities in China devoted to generating odd trademarks like BuyKud and Berrylook (I'm not kidding). MYHOZEE!

I get notifications from BookBub on potential ebook bargains. If they're interesting and cheap enough (generally $1.99 or less), I buy them. Otherwise I order ebooks from the library or used paperbacks from Amazon. I'm expect my stock of books will outlive me. Obviously, Prime is well worth it to me.

Also, Amazon does its own delivery most of the time--at least in this area--and it has a cool feature with which you get a picture in real time of its last few stops before your package is delivered, enabling you to greet it at the door. I also like the Amazon Lockers feature. Only a few smaller items travel by USPS.

Re the cheap Chinese junk comment--I hate to admit it, but I use the same modus operandi that I used to when Barnes & Noble was still high and mighty--I see something I want elsewhere, and then search for the same thing on Amazon. Prices are usually cheaper and I get the free shipping, and, because of Amazon's "smile" program a % or two goes to the charity of my choice (in my case, Dog Mountain in Vermont).

So there is an incredible amount of stuff on Amazon that is not cheap Chinese junk. Most online retailers depend on Amazon for reach and distribution.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I rarely order anything from amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Re the cheap Chinese junk comment--I hate to admit it, but I use the same modus operandi that I used to when Barnes & Noble was still high and mighty--I see something I want elsewhere, and then search for the same thing on Amazon. Prices are usually cheaper and I get the free shipping, and, because of Amazon's "smile" program a % or two goes to the charity of my choice (in my case, Dog Mountain in Vermont).

So there is an incredible amount of stuff on Amazon that is not cheap Chinese junk. Most online retailers depend on Amazon for reach and distribution.
    Ditto the Amazon Smile benefit. I've contributed to the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon and Wings of Rescue over the years.

Thread Information