Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cannabis questions?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post

...I thought that I was just expressing a personal opinion of lack of comprehension of using cannabis. My kids and peers and I have talked about it because it is getting a lot of attention with the poor planning that went into the legalization. Same question kept coming up - if not for pain relief, why use it? We have not received an answer beyond that it is something like alcohol and other drugs for relaxation. I think that it is a fad that will fade with time but that is just my opinion. I don't feel superior or inferior with that opinion.
    There is no way I think that use of weed is a fad that will fade with time. It’s been around for decades.

As for the phrase “virtue signaling “I like it I think it’s funny and I think it’s accurate to describe some behavior.

I think virtue signaling came into being when so many of us started having so many discussions online. The first one to jump in to express a thought expects others to Recognize her as the good person who carries out Correct Think.

I guess I think of virtue signal as people who have not had these opinions for very long. They are probably not deeply held convictions of long-standing, are not especially well developed.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    My kids and peers and I have talked about it because it is getting a lot of attention with the poor planning that went into the legalization. Same question kept coming up - if not for pain relief, why use it? We have not received an answer beyond that it is something like alcohol and other drugs for relaxation.
    Exactly... and alcohol is completely legal, whereas people are thrown in jail for minor infractions with regard to marijuana possession. My DH has medical reasons for getting prescribed cannabis, but I'd much rather he smoke weed than drink. I don't have any reason to believe that the use of cannabis is a fad any more than alcohol is, which as been around since the dawn of time, as have other psychoactive drugs.

Keep in mind, that I'm an occasional drinker, and I hate smoking weed (haven't done it for 40 years, and could count on one hand the number of times I've smoked in my life, and I've never done else anything mind-altering other than caffeine.) But I defend the right of others to smoke or indulge in edibles or whatever. I don't personally think it's a fad. I think its time has come.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Medical cannabis is long-established:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...dical_cannabis

Thread Information