Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best day of your entire life?

Great story UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Great story UL.
    I agree--got me all verklempt (and that's not easy to do)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Memorable memories... not sure which are the best of my life but memorable.

Went to China when it first opened up to Americans. Was sitting by myself outside of a restaurant just watching pedestrians and traffic. An elderly women on a bicycle going by just kept turning around looking at me. The expression was "uppity American". I was so thrilled to be there and JUST smiled at her. Her face split open with a smile and kept turning back to me smiling. It was a thrilling connection!!! One I will always remember.

My first job when in one night I was asked out by 5 guys. I freaked. Of course, I went out with the first guy who asked me.

Watching my 6 week old son who I was patting on the back and rocking....start patting me back!!!

Singing nonsense to my very young son who was mimicking me... only to realize others were hearing the exchange. hehe

Seeing my son see his breath in the cold air for the first time. Like WTH is this??? Makes a person realize what we take for granted!

Loved your story UL!!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    That's a beautiful "best day"--thanks for sharing it.

I remember one day when I was traveling in England--I was there for Junior Year Abroad. We wanted to see the moors of the Brontes but we didn't realize what a convoluted public transit journey it was. We had to take a train to York, then a train to Leeds and then a bus to Haworth, and then walk up to the Bronte sisters' father's parsonage.

By the time we got there it was dark--pitch dark. We saw a woman in the church and we asked her where the moors were. She cautioned us against going up there at that time, but she pointed us in the direction, and we headed off.

We walked up the hills until we got to a spot where the heather was literally swooshing around our calves in the wind, but we couldn't even see it. What we could see was the town's twinkling lights down below, silhouettes of horses on hills further up and directly above us millions of stars. It was silent except for the swooshing (and I THINK I did hear Heathcliff calling 'Cathy!' , and it was dark except for lights below and the gloaming above. It was a truly mystical moment and my best travel memory by far.

So, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "best day" but it was a truly memorable, wonderful day--thanks SEL, for jogging my thoughts.
    That exact scenario is one if my bucket list items. I always get the urge to go visit the moors of the Brontes when the weather turns here to crisp fall. Thank you for this story! I have always said that when I won when the lottery, Yorkshire is a likely place I would live because I could go up north to Scotland easily and down south to sunny climates easily.

When I was early 20’s I took a solo trip to the UK. I was there for a few weeks. One of the unforgettable places for me on that trip was trudging up to the remains of Castle Campbell, the Castle of Gloom. It was misty and beautiful and quiet, and I was the only person there. Ghosties were floating around, it seemed. Later that day I walked into town and had the most wonderful food I have ever eaten: deep-fried macaroni and cheese at a restaurant there. That was a good day!

Best day of my life? I slept through it.

I haven't had mine yet (or maybe I slept through it, like LDAHL), but I've had some good moments, like this one with my SO at a friend's wedding:

Wedding.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I haven't had mine yet (or maybe I slept through it, like LDAHL), but I've had some good moments, like this one with my SO at a friend's wedding:

Wedding.jpg
    Oh, he looks like such a nice guy.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

Wedding.jpg
    He is cute! You described him as gregarious, and I can see him making quick friends with that friendly face.

I've been thinking about this for the past several days and can't come up with the best day so far, I think I'll put my money on tomorrow.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That picture said it all--he was my front man.

He was sick once, and his fellow bus riders all got together and bought and signed a card. I could have dropped dead while riding my bus and no one would have noticed. Opposites definitely attracted in my case.

Thread Information