Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: August Frugals

August Frugals

Aug 1:

1. Saute 3 bunches of kale with onions and garlic. These are 4 baggies in the freezer for winter.
    2. Saute 2 bunches of beet greens with onions and garlic. Ate 1/2 for lunch yesterday and will finish them tomorrow.
    3. Cooked and sliced 4 bunches of beets. These are frozen for later eating.

Aug 2:
    Ate 1 large meal at 1230 today. Yum and yea!

We're in the mountains at our cabin for 2 days. I brought loads of fresh veggies to saute with onion (out of garlic). We've got smoked pork shoulder in the freezer. This will be early dinners.

Brunch: day 1 is toast (finishing Monday's homemade 10gr WW loaf), and eggs. day 2 is pancakes and sausage

Yppej
    A neighbor gave me some squash.
    Last edited by Yppej; 8-5-19 at 7:49pm.

Wild Jerusalem Artichokes! Yum!

Last night: cooked up the last of the veggies from our CSA. Cooked up some older chicken sausage from the freezer, used an old cube of pesto and cooked some pasta. Dinner!

Gave away 8 larger zucchini from the garden over the last 4 days.

I didn't get in my car yesterday (ahhhhh, retirement!). i excersized 80 minutes!

Yppej
    I landed up getting blonde highlights, so the gray roots should be less noticeable when they grow in and I shouldn't be tempted to get my hair colored as often. The place I went would not do white and silver highlights because it is too much of a change from the existing color. I also had a coupon I used.

Dinner: zucchini (from the garden), ratatouille from the freezer, cooked sausage/turkey combo I keep ready in the freezer.

I'm making stuffed zucchini for dinner! I don't have Moz so using cheddar. It'll be fine.

Kappydell, I grow these but we didn't like them the only time I cooked them. How do you prepare them?

TIA

Last night's dinner was zucchini from the garden with rice. Tonight's will be a gluten-free vegetarian lasagna from the freezer, cooked a double batch 2 weeks ago.

Yppej
    I prepaid for my home heating oil for the winter to lock in a lower rate.

I was at a cookout last week at my cousins' house, and they have wonderful garden beds. They said one of their tricks was a mix of eggshells and coffee grounds. We produce both things daily, so I thought I would give it a try. I was looking for a good wide-mouthed container, and I noticed that my neighbor had put out a large box of plastic coffee containers with really wide mouths for recycling pickup, so I grabbed one and it is perfect for the job.
    We are having a sales tax free weekend in Massachusetts this w/e. I was trying to think if there is anything we need that would be worth buying this weekend for the tax savings, and the answer is a big fat no. So I won't be buying something I don't particularly need and wasn't planning to buy just to "save" money on sales tax.

Thread Information