Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: August Purge

August Purge

I gave away a couple of sweaters to a woman in my town via a local FB gifting page. It took a little more effort than donating to a thrift store, but it was kind of neat making a personal connection with someone who wanted and could use the sweaters. They were in excellent condition, and she seemed really pleased. I got them out of my house so we were both happy!

I sent my kids' yearbooks home with them when they came to visit. ALL of them. It felt sad, but time to let go of that time a bit, and time for them to take them home with them.

I started cleaning out the downstairs coat closet and found a storage cabinet I'd ordered from Target, still in its box, never assembled. I returned it and got store credit and used the credit to stock up on groceries! Also found a bag of karate equipment and a toddler toilet seat which I successfully passed on to a couple of moms through our neighborhood's moms Facebook group.

And then I tossed two pairs of flip flops which had broken straps.

Total for month: 5.
    Last edited by ejchase; 8-23-19 at 1:11am.

Yppej
    I cleaned out the glove compartment in the car.

DH drove to the recycling center about 50 cans of paint and chemicals left behind by the previous owners, freeing up space in one of the outbuildings.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

2 more bags for the thrift store today.

C639A805-FA31-47CC-A60F-A8567802C1A1.jpg0FC7F3F3-8975-44D4-B5D3-3C5D7F2F8E45.jpg

Here are two toilets sitting outside of one of our small houses. Are they charming? I missed getting a photo of all five of them lined up. DH is in the process of cleaning out our small houses because we are going to sell them.

Note all of the stuff in his truck see how low it is riding. All that is metal going to the metal scrap yard. It contains many many heavy iron weights for all Victorian windows Because he has been collecting those for 12 years. Whenever he sees some along the road he picks it up.

Would anyone like to guess how much that truck load of metal is going to generate? It will be interesting to see. His truck loads from yesterday generated about $65, but one of them included buckets of copper so that is a highly compensated metal.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    C639A805-FA31-47CC-A60F-A8567802C1A1.jpg0FC7F3F3-8975-44D4-B5D3-3C5D7F2F8E45.jpg
    p.

Would anyone like to guess how much that truck load of metal is going to generate? It will be interesting to see. His truck loads from yesterday generated about $65, but one of them included buckets of copper so that is a highly compensated metal.
    I start the guessing at $18.50

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I start the guessing at $18.50
    awww, no one else wants to play.

The truck bed full o’ metal junk was worth $92 today. Kinda surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    awww, no one else wants to play.

The truck bed full o’ metal junk was worth $92 today. Kinda surprised me.
    Wow, that is amazing. I based my guess on a similar size load we took to recyclers and that's what we got.

He must have had a lot of those buckets of dense heavy items.

Nice!

Thread Information