Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lughnasad to equinox

Yay for books!

rosa, i’m Glad you feel good about the cabinet.

Open house went well and my classroom is now set up down to laying out materials for my first class. I do have a few more things to take in from a rummage sale yesterday though.

not quite done with the lesson plans.

swam twice, made frozen custard, dried green beans, and baked chicken breasts to freeze for dh for salads.

progress on lesson plans, but not quite there.

dd1 wants to join the fitness center and swim with me starting Tuesday.

Yppej
    DB did not have the right gadget. DS is checking on the cost to buy one.

I finished my reading project.

Good job on the reading project!

i got lost about the gadget?

my first week of school went well. I am currently prepping my lesson plans for tomorrow and Wednesday.

I swam twice - once w/Dd.

i got work done in my studio this week including firing a load and used part of my reclaimed clay backlog, although I am making it messier. I need to do regular tidying. I applied to join a local market that meets the last Saturday of each month. I also put my name on the nailing list for a juried show, which is a big step.

i worked a bit on both the garden and the barn.

Yppej
    The gadget checks if outlets are grounded.

Do you swim indoors? It is already chilly where I am.

Haven’t checked in with this for a while!

i do swim indoors. I have a membership at the health center at dh work for only $15/month! And they provide towels!

school is going pretty well. I’m a bit swamped, but keeping my head above water.

i’m swimming, keeping up with the barn - bought a new buck for breeding this year, and got accepted for the last Saturday market, so i’m Trying to get some fresh work done for that. We’re going to see ds this weekend, so i’ll Regroup after.

Yppej
    I am doing more yardwork, cutting things down for fall.

CL: I would love to see pictures of your work sometime and I'm sure I'm not alone in that!
    Yppej: The cooler weather definitely makes yard work more pleasant!
    I have renovated the front garden to the extent possible for this year. I will do more work in the spring and there are some plants I want to add that were not available this fall.
    I am pleased with progress on the cupboard. I'm guessing I am two sessions away from completing the heavy duty stripping with the heat gun. Then I'm going to go over it all with chemical stripper and do some light sanding. I have some carpentry fixes to figure out, and then I can prime it, paint it, and add the new hardware. At this point it feels like it's become my life's work ("what gives your life meaning?" my cupboard! lol).

Ok, now i’m Drowning.

Yppej
    I hope not literally from the swimming CL. Hang in there.

I am stuck too. I pulled up so many false sunflowers past their prime my hands blistered and I have to wait for them to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I hope not literally from the swimming CL. Hang in there.

I am stuck too. I pulled up so many false sunflowers past their prime my hands blistered and I have to wait for them to heal.
    If you have an Ocean State Job Lot nearby, they have the best gardening gloves I've ever used, and for only about $3.00 a pair. They last a really long time, so they are definitely a frugal win!

Thread Information