Thread: Perspective....

Naukati Bay, Prince of Wales Island, Alaska

Perspective....

this is an interesting look at perspective, and kinda funny...

Dear Ma and Pa,

Tell brother Walt and brother Elmer that the Army beats working for Mr. Mitch. I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m., but I'm getting so I like to sleep late.

All you do before breakfast is smooth your cot and shine some things--no hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix or wood to split. Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs and bacon, but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, beef, ham steak, fried eggplant and apple pie. No wonder these city boys can't walk much.

The sergeant says our long walks will harden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A "rough march" is about as far as it is to our mailbox back home.

The next thing will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why; the bulls-eye is nearly as big as a chipmunk. And your cartridges are even loaded, and they come in boxes!

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellows get on to this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving son, Zed.

P.S. Speaking of shooting, enclosed is $299 for the barn roof and Ma's teeth. The city boys shoot craps, but not very well.

AG

Haha! i enjoyed that.

There are probably few farm boys around any more who can take the Army hard life like this.

That’s funny!

Enjoyed that.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information