Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another Boring Simple day in SE Alaska Bushes

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanGuy View Post
    this is not a new story.. it only takes a few with the wrong attitude to take from all. another example is the Pebble Mine in western Alaska. its a proposed gold mine and a battle ground for alaska. it is exceptionally rich deposit of gold located on the head waters of a stream that connects to the exceptionally rich natural resource of Bristol Bay with its millions of salmon, and other wildlife. could be the largest salmon run in the enitre world. the pebble mine has a plan to build an earthen dam to hold back the poisened waste water that could potientially destroy the eco system of bristol bay. Should one small group be allowed to exploit at the risk of so much and so many???

take a look.. https://alaskaconservation.org/2019/...m-pebble-mine/

I am a hunter, a fisherman, a conservative, a naturalist, a gun person, and I vote, bring back the salmon to your streams, and fight like heck to keep them. even if they are not wild fish. destroying resources is the doom of us all.

AG

Wow.. what a rant.. did I say all that?? lol
    Thank you for your perspective. It is a shame that people are not mindful of their actions. Killing off a natural habitat in the quest for a mineral--the value of which is entirely subjective.

The commercialization of fish has wreaked havoc. I read about things like the collateral kill of a lot of fish caught in the nets when seeking sushi grade fish--it put me off sushi. Then there's shark fin soup in Asia, where they kill the shark to get the fin. It makes me want to cry.

The only good thing is, as you have pointed out, nature is very resilient up to a point. I just don't want to get to the point of no return.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Naukati Bay, Prince of Wales Island, Alaska
    perhaps you should make your own Sushi Catherine??? much better as you know what your eating...

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanGuy View Post
    perhaps you should make your own Sushi Catherine??? much better as you know what your eating...
    Hmm.. We live in a fresh water lake area now. Salmon is a possible catch, but difficult. My DH and my son are putting a downrigger on the boat today, actually.

The last (only) time I made sushi was when I was about 3 months pregnant (almost 40 years ago) and believe me, my stomach was not liking it then. Maybe it's time I try again!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Naukati Bay, Prince of Wales Island, Alaska
    here ya go Catherine...

https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/homemade-sushi/

you can do it... You are a strong mature woman!!! go get em tiger...

Thread Information