Thread: More about bulk

More about bulk

One source I had not considered was the local janitorial supply. Because of needing something else they sell, we were in there. Asked about tp and yes, they will sell to the public. They sell individual rolls and case lots. The individual rolls are .79 each. We were there Saturday and we needed some, so I bought 4 rolls of recycled.

if we like the stuff, we’ll probably buy more. If not, it’s more supermarket paper for us!

btw, the store is on the way to the shop where I have items for sale, so I did not have to go out of my way at all to get there.

I find that so many things in bulk are hard to complete competitive pricing as the volumes are so different and storage requirements limit their use . Toilet paper is doable
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I pay 44 cents per roll for soft toilet paper including sales tax when it is on sale. Sounds like you are paying almost double to have the label recycled on it. This is why lots of people don't go green.

Yppej, my DH and I long ago decided that we’d gladly pay extra for recycled. Of course we were the crazy people who took their bottles to the glass blowing kiln when in college and drove 5 miles onto the base to do recycling 40 years ago. The .30 or so a roll isn’t much, but yes, it adds up. That said, if we decide to buy it in bulk, the price goes down and it’s also cheaper than what I was paying at the market, I think.

Thread Information