Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whose Cat Is It Anyway? A Cat Custody Story...Long

Fingers crossed - that would be such a great outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    New development: last night I contacted the original owner of Mouse on Instant Messenger (the guy who was being evicted so many years ago because he had cats; we've been "friends" on Facebook through my daughter for awhile). I asked him if he was in any position to be able to get his cat back after what, eight years? It turns out he is back living in Toledo (about an hour from Ann Arbor) and from what I gather is living in an apartment provided by his sister. He just has to ask her today if it is all right to have a cat; he's thrilled about the idea and thanked me profusely for seeing to her for so long.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR THIS TO HAPPEN! I won't say anything to ex-SIL until I know for sure. If it is a go, I will introduce them and let them arrange the custody transfer. This would be the BEST solution, coming full-circle back to her original owner!
    Oh, that is awesome!! Win-win for all. I hope that sister is fine with it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

How wonderful, and fingers crossed. You have done a wonderful thing, linking Mouse up with her original owner!

Let's just hope! You know, way back when he pretty much abandoned/surrendered the cat to me due to his eviction emergency for about six months I would ask him if he was in a position to take her back. After a year of fostering her I had fallen in love with her anyway and never heard back from him after awhile. Ultimately, the cat was really his responsibility all along as the original owner if you want to get into the brass tacks of it.

Anyway, splitting hairs at this point. Oh universe, please let his sister say yes to the kitty! She's a really good mouser too!

What a happy coincidence---I wonder if the cat will remember him.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

It's not a done deal yet, I should hear by tonight (is what he said).

Thread Information