Thread: Shrinky dinks

Shrinky dinks

P_20190818_102739_LL.jpgP_20190818_102729_LL.jpgoh this is fun, what do you think about the yarn one to sell at my next craft fair?

What is the purpose of the shrinks dink?

could you make them as stitch markers?

do you know you can make shrink dink’s from #6 food containers?

These are for gifts, i got some jump rings to attach to them. I saw the cutest stitch markers on etsy made out of shrinky dink material. I want to do my own design of course. I have been playing around with different plastics from the recycle bin. The fair i have in October is a maker style so I want lots of salvage materials in my booth. I even have some things out of lightweight one use water bottles,

I invested in a set of sharpies since i had no blues. There is a limited edition set called cosmic color with different shades. also got the frosted type of plastic material you can use with colored pencils. I can use recycle plastics and lightly sand them when i get some practice.

I used some shrinky dinks with holes in them to use as bookmarks: I threaded some thin elastic through- long enough for the average book, and then knotted the end.

I've seen cute charm bracelets, earrings, and other jewelry elements made from shrink plastic. It works well with paper and glass beads.

My advice... never use a convection oven for shrinky dinks. I didn't realize the ovens at church were one year and had 300 flying around the ovens like tornadoes!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Oh no! I use the toaster oven with a tin foil piece to shrink on

Thread Information