Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Will Trump pull off an Afghanistan pullout?

  1. #1
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,691

    Will Trump pull off an Afghanistan pullout?

    I caught a hint on a radio report that Trump was talking about ending our involvement in Afghanistan and had to look into that further. Good Lord, he does seem to be serious about pulling out completely. This is huge, or “yooooooouge.” Haha

    If he succeeds in this, and given his never-before-achieved in-person meeting with the crazy Korean, I want to know: where is his Nobel Peace Prize? Can Barak Obama be made to hand his over to Donald J. Trump? We should all remember when President Obama received his Nobel Prize. He had been in office for about two seconds and had achieved exactly zero.

    Or if no Nobel Prize, could the damned mainstream media actually cover the story in a big way for the positive thing it is? When I was looking up the story I had to wade through numerous reports about Trump’s offhand comment that he could wipe the Taliban off the face of the earth along with 10 million others. The media chose this piece of this important news to Yap about.

    So, we are getting out of Afghanistan. ? Are ya happy about that?

    Would any conservatives here like to project the duration and decibel level of praise that would be heaped on any Democratic President, but especially Barak Obama, if she/he was pulling this off?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I caught a hint on a radio report that Trump was talking about ending our involvement in Afghanistan and had to look into that further. Good Lord, he does seem to be serious about pulling out completely. This is huge, or “yooooooouge.” Haha

    If he succeeds in this, and given his never-before-achieved in-person meeting with the crazy Korean, I want to know: where is his Nobel Peace Prize? Can Barak Obama be made to hand his over to Donald J. Trump? We should all remember when President Obama received his Nobel Prize. He had been in office for about two seconds and had achieved exactly zero.

    Or if no Nobel Prize, could the damned mainstream media actually cover the story in a big way for the positive thing it is? When I was looking up the story I had to wade through numerous reports about Trump’s offhand comment that he could wipe the Taliban off the face of the earth along with 10 million others. The media chose this piece of this important news to Yap about.

    So, we are getting out of Afghanistan. ? Are ya happy about that?

    Would any conservatives here like to project the duration and decibel level of praise that would be heaped on any Democratic President, but especially Barak Obama, if she/he was pulling this off?
    What a joke!

    IL... watch the news today and SEE and HEAR what trump is saying (from his own lips). He has gone WAY over the deep end!

  3. #3
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What a joke!

    IL... watch the news today and SEE and HEAR what trump is saying (from his own lips). He has gone WAY over the deep end!
    Be very specific about what you are talking about, provide a link. I truly do not understand what specific point you are making with your shouty words in caps and exclamation marks.

    https://www.voanews.com/usa/trump-de...-be-acceptable

    that came up immediately in my Google search although granted, it is not today’s activity. I believe It is yesterday’s activity.

    A few days ago Trump tweeted this about Afghanistan and it seems reasonable to me:

    E27A3854-79C1-42F1-B3FB-394BEF237080.jpg

  4. #4
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So, we are getting out of Afghanistan. ? Are ya happy about that?
    I don't know whether to be happy about it or not. It seems impossible to achieve a complete victory over the Taliban in Afghanistan although this administration has employed the novel strategy of attempting to negotiate a peace agreement which may be as close as anyone could ever hope to come.

    It may take a few years after a complete withdrawal to determine the wisdom of it. If we have to go back in against a renewed and re-invigorated enemy, we may regret having left in the first place.

    Would any conservatives here like to project the duration and decibel level of praise that would be heaped on any Democratic President, but especially Barak Obama, if she/he was pulling this off?

    That would be the most awesome thing ever! Duh!!!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Be very specific about what you are talking about, provide a link. I truly do not understand what specific point you are making with your shouty words in caps and exclamation marks.

    https://www.voanews.com/usa/trump-de...-be-acceptable

    that came up immediately in my Google search although granted, it is not today’s activity. I believe It is yesterday’s activity.

    A few days ago Trump tweeted this about Afghanistan and it seems reasonable to me:

    E27A3854-79C1-42F1-B3FB-394BEF237080.jpg
    You NEED to WATCH the news... get it directly from his mouth.

    Just a FEW things from today. He said much more.

    From his mouth... Jews love him like he is the "King of Israel."

    Compares himself to Jesus... "the second coming of God". "I am the Chosen One."

    Also, supposedly, he cancels meeting with Denmark because they won't talk about selling Greenland.

    ++++ there was more today.

    To date, there have been over 10,000 documented lies by this guy. He has recently backpedalled on background checks for people purchasing guns. It is hard to take seriously anything he says.
    Last edited by frugal-one; 8-21-19 at 11:06pm.

  6. #6
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You NEED to WATCH the news... get it directly from his mouth.

    Just a FEW things from today. He said much more.

    From his mouth... Jews love him like he is the "King of Israel."

    Compares himself to Jesus... "the second coming of God". "I am the Chosen One."

    Also, supposedly, he cancels meeting with Denmark because they won't talk about selling Greenland.

    ++++ there was more today.
    Look, I do not WATCH tv news. One can get plenty of news by READING.
    I did HEAR Trump’s words on the radio about cancelling his visit to Denmark, his reason being NOT as you say “ because they won’t talk about selling Greenland” but because they rudely called the idea “absurd.” He said if they had simply said no we don't want to sell, that would have been a different thing. He said they showed disrespect toward United States with a rude comment.

    Now I have to wonder if YOU actually HEARD this comment about Greenland, all of which I consider a minor thing anyway.

    This thread was about Afghanistan. Do you have anything to say about Afghanistan?

    or rather I should say do YOU have anything to SAY about Afghanistan?

  7. #7
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Look, I do not WATCH tv news. One can get plenty of news by READING.
    I did HEAR Trump’s words on the radio about cancelling his visit to Denmark, his reason being NOT as you say “ because they won’t talk about selling Greenland” but because they rudely called the idea “absurd.” He said if they had simply said no we don't want to sell, that would have been a different thing. He said they showed disrespect toward United States with a rude comment.
    "oh my goodness. they were so rude!!!"

    It was a patently ridiculous idea. Rude would've been "FU you stupid eff-head." Their response was perfectly rational and appropriate.

  8. #8
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

    Would any conservatives here like to project the duration and decibel level of praise that would be heaped on any Democratic President, but especially Barak Obama, if she/he was pulling this off?
    I'd project that the duration and level of praise had that happened would have been proportional to whether the speaker was a democrat or republican. If a republican was speaking the praise would've been "why is he cutting and running? Does he really lack faith in our military so much that he doesn't think they can get the job done?"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Look, I do not WATCH tv news. One can get plenty of news by READING.
    I did HEAR Trump’s words on the radio about cancelling his visit to Denmark, his reason being NOT as you say “ because they won’t talk about selling Greenland” but because they rudely called the idea “absurd.” He said if they had simply said no we don't want to sell, that would have been a different thing. He said they showed disrespect toward United States with a rude comment.

    Now I have to wonder if YOU actually HEARD this comment about Greenland, all of which I consider a minor thing anyway.



    This thread was about Afghanistan. Do you have anything to say about Afghanistan?

    or rather I should say do YOU have anything to SAY about Afghanistan?
    Read the end of my post.

    What about his other comments today? Does that sound like coming from someone you can trust or have faith in?

  10. #10
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Read the end of my post.

    What about his other comments today? Does that sound like coming from someone you can trust or have faith in?
    You still have said nothing about Afghanistan either at the end or the beginning of your post. Or in the middle. Perhaps you mean this, and boy is it hard to pull out your meaning from your words, “I would like to see the U.S. withdraw from Afghanistan but I do not trust nor have faith that Trump will do that. “

    I had some positive thoughts today about President Trump as I drove around listening to news reports on the radio.He announced forgiveness of student loans for veterans who were permanently and completely disabled by military service. He explained a bit about trade war with China ( which I dont have an opinion on other than thinking it is risky) and quipped about being “ the chosen one” (it is a joke, people) and he told the Danes never mind about that visit. I give 0 fks about our President visiting Denmark so if he cancels it is fine with me.

    He made a remark about Jews who vote Democratic ticket not being loyal to Israel. That I do not agree with and
    I think it is dumb. Jewish citizens of the United States Have many more concerns than Israel.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •