Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Trump pull off an Afghanistan pullout?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    and quipped about being “ the chosen one” (it is a joke, people)
    Trump doesn't have a sense of humor. Sure, bullies claim to have been joking when they get called out for being a shit, but in reality they meant what they said. It wasn't a joke. His stupid supporters believe it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Trump doesn't have a sense of humor. Sure, bullies claim to have been joking when they get called out for being a shit, but in reality they meant what they said. It wasn't a joke. His stupid supporters believe it completely.
    Sigh. It was a jokey comment. Of course he is the one chosen by voters to handle things like the China trade war, so in that respect he is serious.

We will just have to disagree.

Yppej
    Trump campaigned to get us out and hasn't done it yet. I think Tulsi Gabbard would actually do it.

I can count on Trump to make announcements of actions he'll never take in a million years, only to reverse himself almost immediately. But he's been doing that since he started his campaign--lying, exaggerating, lying, misrepresenting, lying, gaslighting... Didn't he promise to release his taxes? Now he's fighting it in court. Didn't he promise to work instead of playing golf? I'm convinced he's never worked a day in his life. Didn't he just promise universal background checks? Backed down after talking to Lapierre. Now he's trying to portray himself as the champion of children held in indefinite detention under his direction. He's such a humanitarian. He figures he can trot out any lie, no matter how egregious, and his base will swallow it whole.

Perhaps he was just joking when he said he'd pull us out of Afghanistan, too. Not easy to discern what his truth/"jokes" are. I honestly don't really think he knows either. I don't believe he plans much of what comes out of his mouth.

I actually READ his statements about Israel, BTW.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I think this still stands: Trump’s supporters take him seriously but not literally. Trump’s detractors take him literally but not seriously.

I think this still stands: Trump’s supporters take him seriously but not literally. Trump’s detractors take him literally but not seriously.
    I think we actually agree. This would explain why trump's supporters don't see his actions as bullying and the rest of us do. They buy into the bully's "I was just joking" bs and the rest of us see it for what it is.

I think we actually agree. This would explain why trump's supporters don't see his actions as bullying and the rest of us do. They buy into the bully's "I was just joking" bs and the rest of us see it for what it is.
    Here is something else we probably agree on: you don’t have to like him. I never said anyone had to like him. I find him incredibly annoying a great deal of the time myself, yesterday just wasnt one of those days.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I can count on Trump to make announcements of actions he'll never take in a million years, only to reverse himself almost immediately. But he's been doing that since he started his campaign--lying, exaggerating, lying, misrepresenting, lying, gaslighting... Didn't he promise to release his taxes? Now he's fighting it in court. Didn't he promise to work instead of playing golf? I'm convinced he's never worked a day in his life. Didn't he just promise universal background checks? Backed down after talking to Lapierre. Now he's trying to portray himself as the champion of children held in indefinite detention under his direction. He's such a humanitarian. He figures he can trot out any lie, no matter how egregious, and his base will swallow it whole.
    This was said perfectly.

Here is something else we probably agree on: you don’t have to like him. I never said anyone had to like him. I find him incredibly annoying a great deal of the time myself, yesterday just wasnt one of those days.
    If he wasn't the president I'd probably like him a lot more regardless of his asshatery. Or perhaps I'd even like him specifically because of his asshatery. It'd be like going to the library for drag queen story hour. I'd laugh at the silliness of it all. But because he's the president with an attorney general who thinks the president is an emperor with unlimited power to do whatever he wants, and will defend that to the end, his nuttiness isn't funny, it's terrifying.

Thread Information