Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donate to protect America from Trump ... Sierra Club

I suppose a person could make a study of things. Since I'm driving a fossil fuel burning Tacoma (and a burrito burning human powered bicycle), I can't talk too much. I did learn a few things in the discussion. I don't think the world is quite ready for EVs, but the advances are catching up. Tesla's gigfactory in Nevada is supposedly going to be entirely energy self-sufficient. I'm not sure if it is complete yet, but it's an interesting project in itself.

As of 2019, the Tesla GigaFactory is the largest producer of Lithium-ion batteries for electric mobility at 23GWh, followed by Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL) with a capacity of 12 GWh, followed by Panasonic and BYD.[1] CATL produced 11.8 GWh of battery capacity in 2017, an increase of over 74% from 2016. Japan’s Panasonic was the second largest manufacturer with 10 GWh, and BYD was third with 7.2 GWh. Another China-based maker, OptimumNano Energy Co. Ltd., and South Korea’s LG Chem were No. 4 and No. 5, producing 5.5 GWh and 4.5 GWh respectively.

My electric pedal assist bicycle has Tesla cells in it!

Tesla bought out solar city just after we had our solar panels put on the roof. The desert Southwest has plenty of sunshine if we would simply capture it. For us, electric cars are a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I wonder why they didn't detail any of the ways people believe Trump is endangering Earth's precious natural resources. Looks like donation click-bait to me.
    For some reason I'm not able to see the original banner ad so I don't know exactly what it said. However, I do know the various ways trump has set out to harm the environment/waste resources. Aside from his generalized hostility towards renewables (windmills cause cancer, we're going to make coal great again...) off the top of my head I can think of three concrete actions he's taken/is taking. Pulling the US out of the Paris climate accord, rolling back the CAFE standards, and currently attempting to do away with California's right to set pollution standards stricter than the federal government's, as is allowed under the clean air act.

edited to add, I forgot about the fourth thing, the recent rollback of lightbulb efficiency standards.

One of my favorite people shared this on Facebook just the other day--84 things Trump has done to roll back environmental policy:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...llmF8DdbKXH_G8
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I can think of three concrete actions he's taken/is taking. Pulling the US out of the Paris climate accord, rolling back the CAFE standards, and currently attempting to do away with California's right to set pollution standards stricter than the federal government's, as is allowed under the clean air act.
    worse removing restrictions on methane emissions, which there is more and more evidence is greatly contributing to climate change. Opening up of vast public land to extraction, logging etc. People are not being informed of what is really going on with Trump because they are distracted by talk of nuking hurricanes and stuff. This is playing right into Trump's hand, he wants people distracted. When people will wake up and stop playing along with Trump's distraction game, I don't know. Will they ever? Meanwhile the world is not going to survive many more leaders like Trump (and Bolsonaro etc.).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    One of my favorite people shared this on Facebook just the other day--84 things Trump has done to roll back environmental policy:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...llmF8DdbKXH_G8
    I just passed this list on to everyone in my email list. Thanks!

Thread Information