Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Tax Returns......

I cannot think of a worse person than trump... that says a lot. He is not respected as a president or as a person by most of the world (albeit the Russians and probably Rocket Man like him because they have something on him or can easily outwit him). The list of his transgressions are innumerable. Every day something else is added to the list. Today his wanting deforestation of Alaska for the logging companies. Also, documentation of trump's buddy, Epstein, using young girls at Mara lago. Just wish he were GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I cannot think of a worse person than trump... that says a lot. He is not respected as a president or as a person by most of the world (albeit the Russians and probably Rocket Man like him because they have something on him or can easily outwit him). The list of his transgressions are innumerable. Every day something else is added to the list. Today his wanting deforestation of Alaska for the logging companies. Also, documentation of trump's buddy, Epstein, using young girls at Mara lago. Just wish he were GONE!
    I know. I find myself reeling from his unspeakably cruel policies to his insane proclamations to his crude insults to his incessant lying to his transparent self-aggrandizement. I'm embarrassed that this country that once showed promise has sunk to this. And it's not over.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It was the local "virtue signalers" limited to your examples.

I'm sorry you were called names during your teenage years, so was I, just different names. If you don't let mean kids of your youth color your outlook I'll try to do the same with the mean adults here who feel obligated to act like them.
    And here I thought we were having an amazingly polite conversation, given the subject matter. I keep waiting for "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
    Anyway, sorry for anyone whose feelings were hurt by my expressed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I keep waiting for "Jane, you ignorant slut!"
    Ha, I can't tell you how many times I've begun to type that but I always delete it for fear of those with no sense of humor who'll take offense for you.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Ha, I can't tell you how many times I've begun to type that but I always delete it for fear of those with no sense of humor who'll take offense for you.
    I'd consider it a compliment.
    After all, I had a distant cousin who answered to "Dummy."

Today trump stated that military overseas and diplomats who have children born there.... the children may not automatically be American citizens ... WTH!

IMO, trump's son, Baron, should not be an American citizen. Melanie was not a citizen at the time she gave birth to HIM. Also, what did Melania's parents do to warrant citizenship... other than to have trump as president and get them through the system?

ETA... Don't know how trump could pull this off??? Just checked the 14th Amendment. It can't be just changed by executive order. His way of just causing more drama. Sick.

I loved SNL back in the day when it was funny). Every time you think Trump has done the worst thing you can think of short of murder he tops himself. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I loved SNL back in the day when it was funny). Every time you think Trump has done the worst thing you can think of short of murder he tops himself. Ugh!
    Right? He never ceases to amaze me

Thinking more about this virtue signaling thing I’m still stuck on a certain point. Once i have established that i don’t like someone’s opinion on a topic and want to call them a virtue signaler do i also need to establish that they don’t believe what they are saying or does that not matter? For instance, if i don’t like jimmy carter Can i call him a virtue signaler because he has spent decades volunteering to build houses for poor people (which they hypothetical I in this example doesn’t like) or do i have to consider that he might actually care about housing poor people and not actually be attempting to signal his virtue when he does this?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Thinking more about this virtue signaling thing I’m still stuck on a certain point. Once i have established that i don’t like someone’s opinion on a topic and want to call them a virtue signaler do i also need to establish that they don’t believe what they are saying or does that not matter?
    If I were you I'd approach it in the same manner typically used to declare people who's opinion you don't like as racists, homophobes , misogynists or Trump supporters. That should do it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information