Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Tax Returns......

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So, once the "responsible adults" remove honor and republicans from governance, the passing of lots of laws will be designed to do what exactly?
    Remove honor and republicans? Hahahaha. There’s nothing honorable about the current crop of republicans. The new laws democrats will need to pass will reinstate honor. If they also remove republicans, well good riddance to bad rubbish. It’s kind of sad that we need to do so. But trump has made it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    It SHOULD be mandatory! It needs to be determined for conflicts of interests. Other members of the government have to disclose stocks, etc. I think the President should be held to a higher standard.
    Of course it should. And Alan did a great job of ignoring the three potential reasons the ugly fat turd has kept his tax returns secret because he has no answer to the likely reasons for them to be kept secret. Undoubtedly he’ll say ‘but you don't know that any of those is the case’ in classic republican style. After all, we don’t know there’s an issue, so why investigate. And to suggest an investigation is just a conspiracy theory. And to point out the catch 22 just makes one an asshole. Or so goes republican ‘logic’.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Of course it should. And Alan did a great job of ignoring the three potential reasons the ugly fat turd has kept his tax returns secret because he has no answer to the likely reasons for them to be kept secret. Undoubtedly he’ll say ‘but you don't know that any of those is the case’ in classic republican style. After all, we don’t know there’s an issue, so why investigate. And to suggest an investigation is just a conspiracy theory. And to point out the catch 22 just makes one an asshole. Or so goes republican ‘logic’.
    No, Republican logic says it's not required so there's no reason to do so. I point out that sort of thing for two reasons, one to point out the obvious and two to give several of you the opportunity to vent your hate in a safe space, where that Alan guy living in your head doesn't exist.

You're welcome.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Isn't it called "vetting?" Isn't it an investigation into whether someone is legally suitable for a position? Heck, I find it humiliating to have to go pee in a cup for a newsroom position, but I get it. I get why.My credit score gets checked if I want to buy a car. I get that. And I'm not running for presidency and I don't think you are either. So why hasn't he had to withstand commensurate vetting?
    I love your last sentence, KayLR, and I could not agree with your point more. Why hasn't he? Rob

Isn't it called "vetting?" Isn't it an investigation into whether someone is legally suitable for a position? Heck, I find it humiliating to have to go pee in a cup for a newsroom position, but I get it. I get why.My credit score gets checked if I want to buy a car. I get that. And I'm not running for presidency and I don't think you are either. So why hasn't he had to withstand commensurate vetting?
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I love your last sentence, KayLR, and I could not agree with your point more. Why hasn't he? Rob
    I think we learned a decade ago that vetting qualifications, personal history, etc., was racist. Nobody wants to be called racist again, do they?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yes, and who was behind all that vetting? I do remember the haste by which Sarah Palin was vetted and how we paid for that.

Again, we are all vetted in our work and commerce lives---and we're only paeons. What are we asking for if we discontinue investigating the backgrounds of those who are running our country because we're simply afraid of being bullied? Shouldn't we care about what they've been up to and who exactly they are? The whole birth record thing was a joke and I don't think Obama lost too much sleep over it. How about Trump, though? What's he worried about?

I just read this morning about his Doral Country Club, where members are dropping out, not being replaced, club feeling the effects. This revealed after he offered to host the next G7 there---(nothing wrong with that *eye roll* )
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yes, and who was behind all that vetting?
    Does it matter? Everyone attempting it paid for it in one way or another, and all official records prior to election to the Illinois Senate are still sealed from the public.

I wonder if it's because he is standing up for individual or presidential rights and isn't required by law, why he doesn't just say so instead of the line that he is being audited.

It leaves one to suspect he is hiding something. Maybe he really isn't as rich as he claims or maybe he uses the tax laws to his advantage and pays fewer taxes than his greens keepers. Maybe there something that borders being illegal and he doesn't want any tax sleuths to uncover something. Maybe it's nothing and he's just being Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I wonder if it's because he is standing up for individual or presidential rights and isn't required by law, why he doesn't just say so instead of the line that he is being audited.

It leaves one to suspect he is hiding something. Maybe he really isn't as rich as he claims or maybe he uses the tax laws to his advantage and pays fewer taxes than his greens keepers. Maybe there something that borders being illegal and he doesn't want any tax sleuths to uncover something. Maybe it's nothing and he's just being Trump.
    I would expect the IRS to catch anything underhanded, at least that's been my experience. I received a notice from the IRS a couple of months ago telling me I'd made a mistake on my 2016 return and owed them an additional $1600 & change. They suggested I pay that right away or face consequences.
    One month later my wife and I both received notifications from the same IRS, advising us that another mistake was found on our 2017 joint return resulting in our over payment of a small amount. Surprisingly they didn't give us any indication of when we would receive our individual $5 and change refund.

Back on subject, I think he's just being Trump.

He said he would release his taxes, then reversed himself. It's a recurring thing with him.
    https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/17/new...rns/index.html
    He's apparently undervalued and overvalued his properties repeatedly for tax advantages--at least that is what the few publicly-available records show.

Thread Information