Thread: Greek salads are the only way to eat vegetables.

Greek salads are the only way to eat vegetables.

I dislike vegetables. But Greek salads are actually good!

Like, I enjoy them! Crazy!

Can't go wrong.

I love a good Greek salad! Cobb salad is another favorite, but I am a big salad fan in general.

Mediterranean food is good in general with vegetables. So if you ever got into cooking again, good Med books out there, I recommend "The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook" by Nancy Harmon Jenkins (it's not a weight loss diet). Non-starchy veggies need some fat to taste decent (and flavorings like lemon or garlic or spices etc.). Other foods adding fat is probably just calories most people on a mixed diets don't need.

I don't know that it's always exciting, but I take a salad every single workday to lunch, I always eat it, so can't be that bad.
    Trees don't grow on money

Olives, roasted pepper and feta cheese? I could live on it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I love vegetables and i agree, i can put almost anything in a greek salad. I am planning out some salads for next week, this has me thinking.

I also love a quinoa/black bean salad with lots of veggies. Maybe one more thing to tempt you?

I like a good salad, and sandwiches made into salads, like Reuben and Big Mac and taco salad. Caesar and Green Goddess are also favorites, which is odd, because I'm not otherwise fond of fish.

https://twosleevers.com/big-mac-salad/

I have a dear girlfriend who is from Greece. She makes her Greek salad with fresh romaine, ripe tomatoes, whole sheep milk feta, olive oil, salt and pepper. Rarely some olives and never uses lemon or vinegar, just oil salt and pepper. It’s delicious when you use good ingredients. I have started making it this way (Sometimes adding a little fresh oregano) and it’s now one of my favorites although it’s been a bad year for tomatoes in my backyard��

I'm vegeterian so I make a lot greek salads. I love to use all kinds of vegetables in my salads with my round mandoline slicer. It's so easy to make salads when you have a good mandoline slicer in your kitchen.

Whole sheep milk feta is one of those things that make me want to keep sheep.

I would have trouble being vegan.

Thread Information