Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KFC's Beyond Meat chicken nugget things?

[QUOTE=Ultralig

I also think there is a small group of vegetarians who eat and support fake meats because it allows them to engage more fully in their social life.

This particular vegetarian might be thinking "I can just throw on a Beyond Meat burger and an Impossible dog, then I am fully enfranchised this experience!"[/QUOTE]

I am also one who does not care to create fake meats. I have a beautiful Thanksgiving meal I make with the centerpiece dish a stuffed squash with better stuffing than mushy bread. It includes a vegan gravy that everyone loves. There are times I like some food on a bun, it is super handy to not need a utensil after all. It also brings less unwanted attention to my food. To be honest I don't think I have ever influenced anyone to not eat meat

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am also one who does not care to create fake meats. I have a beautiful Thanksgiving meal I make with the centerpiece dish a stuffed squash with better stuffing than mushy bread. It includes a vegan gravy that everyone loves. There are times I like some food on a bun, it is super handy to not need a utensil after all. It also brings less unwanted attention to my food. To be honest I don't think I have ever influenced anyone to not eat meat
    Nice!

I like to go to an Indian restaurant on Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I really wonder about this. It seems there is a lot of industrial infrastructure needed to design and manufacture fake meats. This can't be good for the environment.
    it seems to me like there is a lot of infrastructure to make real meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Really? And why is that? I buy organic grass fed. Here is the total process:

http://www.clovermeadowsbeef.com/rai...rass-fed-beef/

To give you an idea of the whole timeline, if we breed a cow in the Summer of 2017, it will give birth in the Spring of 2018. The calf will be weaned in the Fall of 2018, and then it eats grass and grows for 12-16 months. It will then be delivered to your door in the Winter of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Really? And why is that? I buy organic grass fed. Here is the total process:

http://www.clovermeadowsbeef.com/rai...rass-fed-beef/

To give you an idea of the whole timeline, if we breed a cow in the Summer of 2017, it will give birth in the Spring of 2018. The calf will be weaned in the Fall of 2018, and then it eats grass and grows for 12-16 months. It will then be delivered to your door in the Winter of 2019.
    Got me there. Since we were talking fast foods and since most of the retail grass fed beef comes from abroad, and since most retail meat comes from the industrial farming complex, I was making generalizations. I'm sure there are exceptions like yours. Otherwise, cattle feed or animal feed in general may not differ in processing infrastructure any more than fake meat. Then you figure animals use part of the plant or by product based protein for metabolism, it is a relatively inefficient way to provide protein.

Yppej
    I am a vegetarian since birth and not looking for bridge foods. If going out to eat with others I would have fake meat rather than demand people go the restaurant of my choice or go hungry and sulk. Animals are important, and that includes humans whose diet differs from mine.

Since we were talking fast foods and since most of the retail grass fed beef comes from abroad, and since most retail meat comes from the industrial farming complex, I was making generalizations.
    it's not hard to find domestically produced grass fed meat, the farmer's market if nothing else (but actually at some stores as well). Most grass fed meat I have seen is actually NOT from abroad. I actually do limit red meat, so i'ts not actually a steak here and a steak there around here (even with partner keto dieting) ... But literally the only red meat I ever eat is grass fed.
    Trees don't grow on money

I agree with you. That is why I am wondering if the "a lot" is the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I agree with you. That is why I am wondering if the "a lot" is the same amount.
    Without elucidating further, is infrastructure really the big issue or even significant when comparing fake vs real meat and environmental impact? I have my suspicions, but really am not sure. There are bigger fish to fry. Other than opinion, maybe you know?

It's refreshing to know that so many people here actually favor locally grown organic grass fed beef.

It's refreshing to know that so many people here actually favor locally grown organic grass fed beef.
    What would happen if everyone in the world who eats beef decided to only eat locally grown organic grass fed beef?

Thread Information