Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting, apparently in TX.

Another mass shooting, apparently in TX.

I am sure the GOP will say the answer is more guns or more prayers or both.

Getting very depressing to read about these incidents so often.

I am totally disgusted by the lack of action on the part of our government. Kids are collateral damage. Pretty disgusting!
    Last edited by Teacher Terry; 9-1-19 at 12:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am totally disgusted by the lack of action on the part of our goal.
    What is your goal?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My prediction is that as a society, as a culture, we will eventually accept gun deaths the same way we accept automobile deaths (40,000 a year). It is just the cost of operations, just the cost of the American lifestyle.

I just wish we'd try to figure out why everyone seems to be going nuts; why is modern life so stressful and destructive? Why is everyone so jittery and angry that they escalate to shooting each other.

Seems like the general public gets riled up for a few days and the politicians give it some lip service, but it's quickly forgotten until the next one. I think these things can also be addressed at the state level where it might be a little easier to get things done since I don't think T has any intention of going against the NRA. I can't tell if any gun law would have deterred this last one?

Lots of "good guys with guns" in TX. Why didn't they immediately stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What is your goal?
    My goal is to significantly reduce gun deaths in mass shootings. One first step is to do some impartial research on the issue. I know that is considered impossible but what the heck, just dreaming. Then we could renew the violence against women act and get a comprehensive system that works to keep legal guns out of the hands of people convicted of domestic violence (or when a protection order is served since that is the most dangerous time for women).

On another note, my daughter takes her personal time off every year on the anniversary of the shooting she survived. Her supervisors understand but they could easily turn her down. It has been 6 years. There are others with wounds that are costing them quality of life and money. Along with vets, because it is not either/or, I would like good medical care for the survivors. So awareness of the survivors and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Then we could renew the violence against women act and get a comprehensive system that works to keep legal guns out of the hands of people convicted of domestic violence (or when a protection order is served since that is the most dangerous time for women).
    . . . . Along with vets, because it is not either/or, I would like good medical care for the survivors.
    I think these are great ideas. Spoken as someone who had to obtain a protective order when divorcing spouse.
    Absolutely terrifying, especially as he had threatened to have another ex-wife bumped off, that he had people who could do it and no one would ever know.

Alan, it was a typo and I corrected it.

Thread Information