I think there are two accepted definitions of theory. One is the common use, where theory and conjecture are similar. But scientific theory is not the same and involves the scientific method to go through hypothesis, testing, and data analysis, which then makes a scientific theory. It doesn't take an especially high level of book learning to understand how climate scientists have developed the scientific theory of climate change and at least at my level of understanding is not much different than the same process that has resulted in the "scientific theory" of gravity. It is well beyond common conjecture. For example, https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2743/t...ientists-know/. There are plenty of other short articles one can google up on the topic fairly easily that are not difficult reading. My take anyway.

The example of the moon test of gravity is simply the testing of hypothesis to gather data. Because it agrees with many other tests of the hypothesis is provides further data to validate the scientific theory. (Can we prove beyond reasonable doubt that man actually went to the moon? Some think not).