Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian men: Seen as less manly, but more ethical. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Feel free to take your ball and go home if you'd like to. No I wouldn't prefer that, it would be your choice. I actually welcome most of your interaction and appreciate what you bring to the table. When you were gone for a while over the summer, it got kind of quiet and I actually missed your posting.

However. There are times when I'm guessing you are lonely/angry/some negative emotion, and you start controversy for sport. And you can be really mean. And I've only seen you do that to women.

You do not have these extended disagreements with Bae or Alan (who I perceive to be the most "alpha" on the board). Yes, you are supportive of women in some threads. You are not binary, you are a continuum. I'm not accusing you of always running down women. You don't. But when you get into one of those "Boom! I dismantled your argument, aren't you humilated" type of threads, it is always against a woman.
    Ummm, Rob is a frequent target of UL’s arguments.

There just arent very many men around here.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Yes! Particularly trolls who only pick apart women's posts. They don't try to do their BS against other men, just people they perceive as being weaker than them.
    I would back Jane against UL any day in any confrontation, although it is true he might win the longevity award for ability to carry on niggling arguments for a long long time…

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ummm, Rob is a frequent target of UL’s arguments.

There just arent very many men around here.
    Rob drives me crazy, but I actually like the guy. PHX!

Who is Iris lily and who is Iris lilies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Who is Iris lily and who is Iris lilies?
    They are one and the same — me. One of them is my administrative account. I don’t login using it very often because I make errors using it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    I would back Jane against UL any day in any confrontation, although it is true he might win the longevity award for ability to carry on niggling arguments for a long long time…
    Jane generally says wise or useful things, and generally engages in honest discussion over differences.

They'd be a fun person to have coffee with.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    In any confrontation even if you also disagreed with her? Interesting stance.

For me I tend to side with people who share my ideas or who win me over to their ideas and I argue with those who attack my character or say things that they have no evidence for.

Examples:

1. So if someone was like "Rescuing dogs is awesome!" I'd be like: "Heck, yeah!"

2. But I wasn't always this way. My ex-wife talked me into rescuing our first dog, Lilith. She won me over to her idea of dog rescuing because my experience with Lilith was so good. That is how I got Harlan!

3. But if someone was like "You are a dishonorable person with low character" then I zing them.

4. Of if someone said "The Pacific and Atlantic oceans are fresh water" I would be like: You have no evidence or proof for that claim; also: "The ocean is a continuous body of salt water that covers more than 70 percent of the Earth's surface."

(Source: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...abitats/ocean/)

You dislike women UL and sorry to say this forum was a happier nicer place without you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    You dislike women UL and sorry to say this forum was a happier nicer place without you.
    Welp, if this is the kind of nonsense I have to deal with, then I'll leave the forum.

I really try not to say anything online that I would not say to someone’s face. I realize no one will change their mind on a issue but I find your responses to be particularly nasty and you twist what people say. You are trying to be smarter then others and at this point in time I would just like to be kind.

Thread Information