Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian men: Seen as less manly, but more ethical. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Terry, I read it that you invite them over for dinner!
    Oh, that could be.

Yes of course when I invite them to dinner. We have them over twice a month. She used to invite us every month but she had a tennis ball sized brain tumor removed from her brain stem. She is still recovering 18 months later but is able to work and is exhausted all the time. Her mom came from Poland for the surgery and I brought them all dinner twice a week during that time. Both her and my son are great cooks.

I'm sure exceptions abound, but I'd suspect the general numbers would indicate any vegetarians over 30 or so to have a weight within the recommended range for their height, compared to their overweight counterparts eating the standard American diet. And so would have an appearance usually considered more attractive. You'd think that would count for something significantly positive for either gender. Maybe masculinity is not always a positive thing.

Except sometimes folks with vegan diets lose a bunch of weight and I could see how someone might think, oh they're too thin if they were not similarly thin. Just thinking about attraction.

Are vegetarians thinner as a rule? I know so many of them who are not eating particularly healthy vegetarian diets, relying perhaps too much on starchy foods, and they tend to be a bit....non-thin.

Yes I know that I have probably been a pain forever with my diet! The up-side is that I can prepare meals that accommodate almost anyone from my friend with a serious dairy allergy to all the gluten free people I know. I frequently bring my own food to events and try not to be too much of a pain. (low grade headache rumbling an cranky)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Are vegetarians thinner as a rule? I know so many of them who are not eating particularly healthy vegetarian diets, relying perhaps too much on starchy foods, and they tend to be a bit....non-thin.
    No, just vegans. Otherwise, I observed the same with respect to vegetarians, myself included when I have been such.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Here's what ABC fact check says, for what ever it is worth, although the studies are mostly in other countries.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-...2%20he%20said.

I am a non-thin vegetarian. (That got corrected to “mom-thin”, which is funnier and accurate.)

i have two non-thin vegan kids in my classes. You can get fat on cashew “ice cream” and egg free pasta just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Here's what ABC fact check says, for what ever it is worth, although the studies are mostly in other countries.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-...2%20he%20said.
    If veggies keep pounding things like KFC fake chicken nuggets then they will get to be big fat fat fatties too.

Thread Information