Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: talked to friend about her attire,

My friend with revealing clothes came with me to the Buddhist meditation. Our teacher wears traditional robes for monastic so she is not wearing anything revealing. There are certain ways however to show up for events with Buddhist teachers in this tradition. Being aware of the rules they have chosen to follow is part of it. I have worked with the monastic longer so sometimes I have helped teach people about how they live.

The reason to address her clothing was that her entire bra was showing when the loose shirt slipped down. It is both because we have been working on building her business as a coach and that there are protocols for attending these buddhist meditations. When I told my teacher and said I wasn't sure I did the right thing she (teacher) shared that she almost said something herself.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. So this was actually more about her dress violating the modesty standard to the meditation event, sounds like.

I don't know, that doesn't work for me, but I guess it's like taking someone to a Catholic church in 1965 and handing them a mantilla. Or taking your shoes off at a temple.

More about religious practice and having someone follow one's religious ways, not about professional clothing.

Anyway, that's my two cents, and thanks for clarifying.

Humm, well if my shirt slipped down several times to show my entire bra and a friend wasn't sure if that is what I was okay with then I would appreciate being told. That is underlying it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Humm, well if my shirt slipped down several times to show my entire bra and a friend wasn't sure if that is what I was okay with then I would appreciate being told. That is underlying it all.
    That makes sense!

I am having a hard time following your story about who is what. However, I can say that I had a breast reduction and it took me a long time to not go automatically go to the sized shirts that I had before surgery. With dieting and weight loss, the changes to clothing size is gradual . with the breast reduction it is there, you have the surgery and a few hours later you wake up and its gone. your friend is most likely wearing her previous sized shirts and is slipping and exposing her bra. This takes time to adjust mentally.

Thread Information