Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Living your best life?"

"Living your best life?"

The phrase "living your best life" has been in fashion for a while now. Lots of folks are saying it or hashtagging it. haha

If you are living your best life. Tell me about it.

If you know what it would take to live your best life, describe that.

I am curious! Thanks.

I am happily married to a man I love (etc. )
    I have three amazing, healthy children, two of whom are married to wonderful people with whom I have good relationships.
    both my parents are alive and I talk with my mom frequently.
    i live in a beautiful, peaceful place, with animals that generally make me happy and lots of room for hobbies and activities I enjoy.
    I can afford the things I really want, including good food.
    i love my job and I feel like it lets me make a positive difference. But I could leave it without notice and never work again and not have to give up anything important.

So, I don’t know how you define “best” (I could certainly be doing more good in the world but I am happy with my level of selfishness) but I feel pretty darn lucky!

I have lived the best life to date and continue to do so. It has had its highs and lows with lots of tranquil plateaus in between. I have lived my dreams plus and continue doing so with family, friends and home to enjoy. Never bored, lacking nothing and making a difference where I am able to do so. That is the definition of 'simple joyous living' for me.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Am pretty close to it.

Now that I am 65 and my husband survived cancer at 49 I truly am grateful for our life together. Sometimes when I get annoyed over something little I remind myself I would be devastated if he was gone. CL, I think you would be lost without teaching. I could be wrong). We need dedicated teachers. I love my life, family, friends and fur babies. In the past 20 years we have been able to travel which is awesome. I know this is my last semester teaching but I wish it wasn’t.

well I have a serious illness ( it is literally all in my head ) and I am here and doing darn well overall. I am slowly working into the type of work I want to do, and meanwhile have a job that pays my bills and like a lot of aspects of. I get paid to play with children (okay and do a lot of paperwork).

I have no idea what my best life is, it causes mental stress to think too much about

TT, I think I would be lost without kids in my life. I don’t think I have to be a teacher. I’m sorry about your teaching, but you thought you were done before, perhaps there is another window in your future.

I love this little meme I saw that a child wrote:
    When I am 100 years old I will be tired of everything and everyone.
    So I will tell everyone I'm going to Canada, but acuatally go to the Bahamas.
    I will live in a tiny hut with my tiny dog.
    I will order fish tacos when I'm hungery and live my best life with no crap.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

No such thing. At best, its a constantly moving target based on your age, mood and circumstances.

Don’t worry about it. Have a beer and relax. You can struggle toward “best” or enjoy “pretty good”.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    No such thing. At best, its a constantly moving target based on your age, mood and circumstances.

Don’t worry about it. Have a beer and relax. You can struggle toward “best” or enjoy “pretty good”.
    I like that. I had given this question a bit of thought, but found I didn't really have an answer. I certainly feel like I'm living a good life.

Thread Information