Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strategy for keeping on track during my one year clothes buying fast

Have you decided where you want to go and with clothing money going there how long it will take you to reach your goal? Maybe pick a short closer trip to keep you motivated and then a longer trip.

Molly, I fully support this lifestyle experiment. I am in your corner and cheering you on!

Change is hardest in the beginning but gets easier with time. I went through a short period of time where I spent too much money on clothes and jewelry. Now I couldn’t care. Especially if it will enable you to reach your goal. The other thing is you could consider getting a part time job to help fund your travel expenses.

I can so relate about boredom shopping. Poshmark and shopgoodwill are especially problematic. I think for me, it's the thrill of finding a good quality item for not much money. But, like we all know that "not much money" adds up. I like the ideas here of these purchases reducing the travel budget - I think that will be very helpful. Now that weather is getting a tad cooler, I can also walk at lunchtime. Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information