Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: September: get rid of one difficult thing per day

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t find getting rid of things hard anymore because I have done so much of it.
    Maybe I will feel the same after my 30 days. however i feel, I am committed to one a day. Today's item was a Le Creuset frying pan which was so large I would never be able to lift it to use. It's wonderful, but someone with stronger wrists can have it.

Today's item is a pair of Dansko clogs that I have not been wearing because they are uncomfortable. Having watched a Dansko fitting youtube, I think they are just too small, so I will release them to the universe, which is difficult because i love the color and the pattern on them.

Yppej
    Our office is moving and after several days' warning and a deadline I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets throwing away all the dishes no one claimed. The hard part will come Monday when all the people who didn't read or ignored the email complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Our office is moving and after several days' warning and a deadline I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets throwing away all the dishes no one claimed. The hard part will come Monday when all the people who didn't read or ignored the email complain.
    Oh dear, that sounds dicey. Good luck.

I'm not counting all the photos from Mom/Dad's house. They are stored at the cabin. Sister the younger didn't want them tossed (she was just 26 when Dad died and her children never knew him). I have the space and she didn't at the time. I am to take the big box to her should I decide it must go.

Unless I am mandated to throw out high school annuals and the only pair of baby booties I ever knitted (Mom's pattern under her tutelage when I was a teen), or the quilts I've made for our beds and decor......

I really don't have "tough stuff" to toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    too bad, so sad.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    No blowback at work.

Today I threw out a collection of Bible verses I had copied out and winnowed down over time. I no longer am interested in that project and was mainly holding on to it because of the time I had put into it - sunk cost fallacy.

I cleaned up, tossed, and organized all of my spray paint cans today. I got rid of probably 20 cans that had various problems. But now all fit into one container.

All I got rid of yesterday was a geranium plant, but I feel so guilty getting rid of any plant. But I will need the sunny space indoors for the lavender I grew in containers.

I also used up an old can of paint for the barn door I built. That felt wonderful, to use up a can of paint. IL, I am very impressed about the paint cans. We have to go through ours and find a paint recycle opportunity.
    Gardner, glad you don't have tough stuff to toss. I made my kids take all their school yearbooks when they came this summer for a family reunion. I was insistent, but now I find I miss having them around. I burned their christening gowns because looking at them on the wall made me sad, and no one wanted them.

Now I have to go get rid of 6 books because I am trying to get rid of two things for every one thing I bring in.

I did get rid of the books plus we culled our coat selection and went to the Goodwill.

Difficult item of the day was Dad's old suitcase.

Thread Information