Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: September: get rid of one difficult thing per day

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A mug I received as a gift that I did not like but which had positive emotions associated with it.
    Good for you, Yppej. These mixed feeling things are hard to get rid of. Gifts are really hard for me to get rid of, even when I do not like them.

I have fallen behind the last two days so need to find something two difficult things today.

I got rid of a broken surge protector, which required rearranging a lot of computer equipment and moving an awkward piece of furniture, before switching it out with a new one. I'm unreasonably proud of myself, as I've been putting this chore off all summer. Autumn's on its way, and I needed it for a space heater. Now I'm inspired to tackle some other "impossible task."

Yay, Jane! Yeah, that's a big part of this--it's the "impossible task" part.

Ugh. I can find several, just looking around, like the glut of guitars on my wall.

Book sale is today.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Book sale is today.
    Good luck! I hope lots of sales!

Thanks! Didn't sell what I wanted to (you never do) but more than I was afraid I'd sell. A lot of work but successful just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Thanks! Didn't sell what I wanted to (you never do) but more than I was afraid I'd sell. A lot of work but successful just the same.
    Good to hear you had success.

My husband got rid of three huge boxes of his scifi books. It was hard for him. They went to the library sale and will make others happy,

that is nice, when someone else can use the things that are just sitting in your house.

I am now down 4. I did order ribbons for two manual typewriters and can see which one still works and hopefully get rid of one.

I'm selling the end of a sci-fi bookstore. It's hard for me to. SF saved my life. I desperately needed the lessons I got from SF to survive when younger.

Thread Information