Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Hong Kong

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ? No comprende? (I know the first question mark is supposed to be upside down but I don't have a Spanish language keyboard). Rob
    Wrong again. As per when you were a moderator, your computer illiteracy is showing.

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...out-windows-10

  2. #12
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,032
    Some potential good news in Hong Kong and a reason I personally believe in protests as I do..I just woke up at 3:30 AM. Going online I read that Carrie Lam, the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, formally withdrew the extradition bill that sparked the protests to begin with. In other words. Beijing knuckled under to the Protest ,Movement. Watch this lead to more protests against injustice around the world. Some commentators are saying this is too little too late as the protestors have more unmet demands but the point remains that average everyday people, using social media and the power of protest, were able to manipulate Beijing into knocking under to one key demand. This will not go unnoticed by those suffering injustice around the world. Rob

  3. #13
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,712
    Hong Kong was given a raw deal, in my generally uninformed opinion. Why weren't they allowed to maintain their ties with the UK? I suppose I should look it up.

    The American flags they're waving? They're thinking of the old US of A, when we were a beacon of, and stood up for, freedom.

  4. #14
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Hong Kong was given a raw deal, in my generally uninformed opinion. Why weren't they allowed to maintain their ties with the UK? I suppose I should look it up.

    The American flags they're waving? They're thinking of the old US of A, when we were a beacon of, and stood up for, freedom.
    Exactly, Jane. Today's America is about something very different. Notice how the police in Hong Kong have yet to murder anyone regardless of how violent the protestors have become lately? In America indeed there would have been cold blooded murders of protestors by the police by this time, had this played out on US soil. The Hong Kong police put American police to shame and serve to show us exactly how unfree we truly are. Rob

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,199
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Exactly, Jane. Today's America is about something very different. Notice how the police in Hong Kong have yet to murder anyone regardless of how violent the protestors have become lately? In America indeed there would have been cold blooded murders of protestors by the police by this time, had this played out on US soil. The Hong Kong police put American police to shame and serve to show us exactly how unfree we truly are. Rob
    Someone should explain to them how much better off they are under the enlightened communist Chinese regime than they would be in the brutish USA. Those ungrateful Uighurs and Tibetans too.

    Some people just donít know how well off they really are.

  6. #16
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,915
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    In America indeed there would have been cold blooded murders of protestors by the police by this time, had this played out on US soil.
    Of the protests that have been going on in the USA over the past, say, 10 years, how many have had cold-blooded murders of protestors by the police?

  7. #17
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Of the protests that have been going on in the USA over the past, say, 10 years, how many have had cold-blooded murders of protestors by the police?
    Bae.....my point is that look how the Sacramento PD murdered Stephon Clark, who was completely unarmed, in cold blood for the crime of speaking on a cell phone in his grandmother's yard. And numerous similar incidents. Given that these protestors have indeed spiraled into violent behavior....at a level EVEN I HAVE ISSUES WITH, in America there would have been murders by the police. That's just the truth of America. I for one find it amazing thy hat police in Hong Kong have more regard for human life than American police do - such serves to highlight some home truths about America many people don't have the emotional strength to face. I do and I can see this one clearly. Rob

  8. #18
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,915
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Bae.....my point is that ...
    Your point is that you made a grandiose statement, and don't seem to be able to back it up.

  9. #19
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Your point is that you made a grandiose statement, and don't seem to be able to back it up.
    My point is that the police in America have murdered in cold blood for much less than the violent acts committed by protestors of late. Protestors have even been throwing molatov cocktails at Hong Kong police stations.....with no murders to date on the part of the Hong Kong police. If you honestly believe American police today are capable of such restraint, I have swampland in Yuma, AZ (a city averaging less than 4 inches of rain a year) I'd love to sell you. Rob

  10. #20
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,915
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    My point is that the police in America have murdered in cold blood for much less than the violent acts committed by protestors of late.
    Of the protests that have been going on in the USA over the past, say, 10 years, how many have had cold-blooded murders of protestors by the police?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •