Thread: The facts....

The facts....

trump has been in office for 957 days so far. 209 days so far staying at his own properties and playing golf at his properties 227 times. How much is this costing the taxpayers? How many security people do we have to pay rooms for? There is no doubt he is making money off the presidency!!!!

You know where I really think he is making money?

With his Tweets. His random off-the-wall tweets about tariffs and business often move the market "unpredictably" by several percent. Generally things calm down within a week or so.

I understand he's up late chatting on the phone with all his "friends". And then Tweets.

I have to wonder how much his friends know about what he's going to tweet, and how they act on this "insider information".

I know I could make a fortune trading on this sort of stuff....

If you are looking at the money he's making housing Secret Service in his hotels, I think you are missing The Big Sting.

You are probably correct Bae. I am sure he is trying to make as much money in ANY way possible (also for his cronies). He has shown repeatedly his lack of ethics and moral character. Our only hope is to get him out of office.

My reflection above was just an OBVIOUS observation of one way it is undeniable that he is making money off his government affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    You know where I really think he is making money?

With his Tweets. His random off-the-wall tweets about tariffs and business often move the market "unpredictably" by several percent. Generally things calm down within a week or so.

I understand he's up late chatting on the phone with all his "friends". And then Tweets.

I have to wonder how much his friends know about what he's going to tweet, and how they act on this "insider information".

I know I could make a fortune trading on this sort of stuff....

If you are looking at the money he's making housing Secret Service in his hotels, I think you are missing The Big Sting.
    I was listening to Bob Cesca this morning, and he remarked on this--apparently Trump is an old hand at manipulating the stock market in similar ways. Cesca, in Salon:

At risk of burying the lede, I have a theory that Trump and his cronies may be manipulating and shorting the markets, reaping vast profits off the declines. Every time Trump tweets or blurts new tariff threats or economic bellicosity aimed at China, the market takes a dump. As we all know, Trump hasn’t divested from his business interests. We also know that Trump has manipulated the markets before, based on a massive investigation in the New York Times indicating that Trump engaged in a scheme with his dad, Fred Trump, known as “greenmailing.”

Thread Information