Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is selling on eBay worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Tybee, is your china pattern selling on ebay?
    Ooh, good question! Fact based research coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    IF you have a Strat, then take ti to a real auction. Otherwise, I think you would find the market for a violin or viola to be low on Ebay. (they tend to be available locally, easily, where one can put their hands on "inexpensive" models)
    I would look at local instrument locations, as some of them have a refurb program that helps low income out.
    As to dishes, my mom took ones to an Ebay post it location (does Ebay for a fee, typically 50%), and they said there was no market for them.
    No Strats or Strads here, obviously! Although my husband's piano professor from college had a friend who was living in NY in poverty in a one room apartment and she would not see her Stradivarius as it was all she had from her old life as a concern violinist. Kind of a sweet, sad story.

I am myself low income, so no need to go send them to a refurb program for others of my ilk.

I think my dishes are going to be like your mom's. Oh well.

Okay, yes the dishes are selling but NOT exactly bringing in a lot of money, so I am giving them back to Goodwill since I bought them there for something like 5 bucks, and they can resell them, and it will be a win-win for someone else.

I sell on eBay for small, easy to ship items like clothing, jewelry or books. I check to see what items are selling for to see if it's worth my while. My china went to a local auction house when we were downsizing and I got next to nothing. The crystal never even sold so it went to Goodwill.

Thread Information