Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rainbows

Saw part of one on my way to work today. Always special.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Awe they always make me happy. I think there is special significance in Christianity?

We were driving back from the vet with my cat Tuffums' ashes, when a lovely double rainbow appeared over the hills. It's the only rainbow I've seen here, and it seemed fitting.

We have a neighborhood park with a large pond a half block away. Late afternoon walk last week and saw the most vivid rainbow that appeared like it was enveloping the city from end to end. Half way around the park, it became a double rainbow and then went back to one as I headed back home. Watched the geese fly in front of it as they headed out for the evening.

How beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    We have a neighborhood park with a large pond a half block away. Late afternoon walk last week and saw the most vivid rainbow that appeared like it was enveloping the city from end to end. Half way around the park, it became a double rainbow and then went back to one as I headed back home. Watched the geese fly in front of it as they headed out for the evening.
    The imagery of this description is wonderful! Thanks.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Awe they always make me happy. I think there is special significance in Christianity?
    You're probably thinking of Old Testament, not New...

"Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. 13I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth." Genesis 9

I'm not a fan of Genesis 9:2-7, though.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information