Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For once, just this once.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

For once, just this once.....

I side with conservatives. Just this once. I just heard that Jussie Smollett's attorney is saying that even if his client lied - it's the fault of the Chicago Police for taking his client too seriously. Duh huh? I am as you'all know, very liberal - and even I don't get this. Are we in the Twilight Zone here? Is Rod Serling about to start narrating? What do you'all make of this? Rob

I don’t care about what idiots like this say.

Welcome to Rob's World. I am so glad I live on an island far from the mainland madness.

I think lawyers make a case for their clients, they are obligated to do so. You work with what you have, even if it sounds goofy to the general public. You only have to put doubt in the mind of the juror, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Welcome to Rob's World. I am so glad I live on an island far from the mainland madness.
    ? No comprende? How is this "Rob's World?" Not only did this happen in Chicago, which is three hours away from me by plane, but I'm taking a conservative stance here and siding with the Chicago Police on this one, which is far from my usual take. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t care about what idiots like this say.
    I agree with you here, IL. The lawyer involved is an idiot. This time I ACTUALLY SIDE WITH THE POLICE as this statement by the attorney is completely over the top ridiculous. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think lawyers make a case for their clients, they are obligated to do so. You work with what you have, even if it sounds goofy to the general public. You only have to put doubt in the mind of the juror, right?
    My take is that Smollett is not lacking for funds with which to defend himself. His attorney should have tested this defense via a focus group or two, as even I with my long history of anti police brutality activism and utter and complete distrust of American police - I side with the police here. This is indeed a very rare stance on.my part but clearly, to me at least, the police are not wrong this time and Smollett did indeed break the law. It is appropriate for consequences to be doled out to him the same as if you or I fabricated a false attack story and filed a false police report. Rob

Haha. Agree with Rob. Just this once. I’m in the Chicago area so this is all over the news. Kim Foxx, the Crook County state’s attorney, seems to have very little support. She’s a black woman and even with those boxes checked, still has very little support.

Rob, I appreciate the way you've consistently referred to the reasonable parties in this issue as the 'conservative' side, even though it has nothing to do with politics. There may be hope for you yet.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Haha. Agree with Rob. Just this once. I’m in the Chicago area so this is all over the news. Kim Foxx, the Crook County state’s attorney, seems to have very little support. She’s a black woman and even with those boxes checked, still has very little support.
    Seriously.....my.mind reels
    What was Kim Foxx thinking when she dismissed/dropped charges, and why did she not understand that doing so would lead to public blowback and a pr fiasco? I don't live in Chicago so there may be nuances here I don't get by virtue of not being familiar with the players - sort of how I have some grasp on politics in Arizona surrounding a figure such as former Sheriff Joe Arpaio that others here may not have given they don"t live in Arizona - that said, though......zi just don't get it. And I'm glad this Kim Foxx has little support. This was a seriously bad call on her part. Rob

Thread Information