Thread: Getting off catalog mailing lists

Getting off catalog mailing lists

I'm in the process of getting off catalog mailing lists in my "no new (or used) clothing for one year" challenge. So far, so good. Yes, I've been tempted to look in them, but I haven't seen anything I can't live without.

Since starting with You Need A Budget software, refraining from shopping has become easier. I used budget software 20 some years ago when we were struggling to get out of debt. I thought I had a good handle on spending, but seeing budget categories really puts the brakes on mindless spending. In fact, I realized just how much mindless spending has been going on. Not a lot, but small purchases really add up.

I'm especially watching my travel budget. For every dollar I don't spend unnecessarily, that dollar goes towards travel. I love watching that number go up.

I called to get off catalog mailing lists.m I still get occasional catalogs from Chadwicks. Then during Christmas season all bets are off and I get all kinds of catalogs. Blech

Don't forget there are ways online to get removed (direct marketing association from memory) and keep a trash can right by the door, where you come in with the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Don't forget there are ways online to get removed (direct marketing association from memory) and keep a trash can right by the door, where you come in with the mail.
    https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-get...ishes%20known.

Agree - a few years ago I made it a point to call the 800 number every time I got a catalog. Eventually, they decreased substantially. UNTIL the holiday season. They're starting already.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information