Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharing community = communists??

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not to be an alarmist or anything but how old is your mom? My mom has dementia, and one of the onset symptoms was a great suspicion of people, mistrust and paranoia.
    It's just something to think about.
    good point and reminder. My mother is 89, always been a bit mistrustful, and suspicious, so on the surface, I didn’t think of it as a concern, but it might be the beginning...
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 9-11-19 at 11:32pm. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But my real answer is: so what? Why does it matter to you about the label put on this shared activity? This sounds more like mother -daughter acrimony than anything else.
    I was quite taken aback by her comment. Add to that, feeling like maybe I should have paid more attention to “what is communism?”

Curious as to why you would characterize it as “mother-daughter acrimony”?
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 9-11-19 at 11:31pm. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I was quite taken aback by her comment. Add to that, feeling like maybe I should have paid more attention to “what is communism?”

Curious as to why you would characterize it as “mother-daughter acrimony”?
    sorry, I thought you were one of the people here who had a difficult relationship with your mom. I guess not.

Whatever the idea behind her comment about communism, it sounds like she had a not-especially -thoughtful knee jerk reaction to your tale of sharing garden implements. Was it supposed to get a rise out of you? Who knows her intent.

If it is dementia, that is the hardest part--they can say really mean things, and act like they don't trust you, and then that they don't remember you.

Funny what she said because I had a sticker on my car about 15 years ago that said Health Care for All and my mother took me aside and said she didn't like my sticker, it sounded like Communism to her. It was odd because she was never political really.

She changed in so many ways, but it was slowly, over time.

Thread Information