Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11th, 2019

September 11th, 2019

We said we'd never forget, yet 18 years later I think we have.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I have not forgotten. I remember the exact moment I heard about the attack. That whole day is still vivid in my mind. Still gut-wrenching...

May the First Responders always be taken care of!

Outside our town fire hall, the firefighters parked a large engine, with a banner that says: WE SHALL NEVER FORGET.

Among the cars passing by (in a 30 MPH zone) about half tooted their car horns. The rest had better manners perhaps.

Never forget, never forgive.

This link is from the BBC. It includes Peter Jennings' incredulous response when he was told the first tower had collapsed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...cked-the-world

Someone mentioned recently that there are teenagers old enough to drive who weren't even born then. It seems quite recent to me.

Yppej
    I remember it and would like to go to the World Trade Center Memorial someday.

It was like walking through a door into another world.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thank you Alan. I avoid looking at all of it...but I did yours and am thankful for the reminder. People are good and kind, brave and strong-we need to Always Remember that, too.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I haven't forgotten. The events of that morning permanently divided time for me. And for this country, much has changed as a direct result of the attacks. I hope all the victims are in a good place now. To.this day I am apprehensive about setting foot in a skyscraper. And though I am flown since that day, the pre 9/11 sanity of it is long gone. I wish 9/11 had not taken place. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We said we'd never forget, yet 18 years later I think we have.
    Why do you think we have forgot?

Not many WWII vets around anymore. In my view, I see this being "culturally relevant", the way Pearl Harbor is/was for them, Kennedy was for my parents generation, or a list of other events (Reagan shot, Mt St. Helen's, the Berlin Wall, McCarthyism, etc....)

How many of you have seen this, or feel it is relevant:

For me, I remember being woke up by a phone call, saying we have been attacked and are at war (to which I replied it was terrorism, as armies don't engage that way), and what could have been my stepdaughter, having her 18th birthday (and all future birthdays, screwed up).
    I have friends that lost people in the attack, and with my dark sense of humor, I still find the I plane NY shirt funny.

Thread Information