Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Love

Love

A friend of mine recently met a guy and fell in love with him. The two of them are so smitten, so infatuated. It is like their first love! But she is 39 and he is 53. Both had previous long term relationships. But apparently neither of them ever felt this way or this strong.

I figured after age 30 or so you could not feel romantic love with much intensity.

What do you think?

I think that's wonderful.

Not sure what age has to do with it? Can you explain why you feel that age has any impact on love?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I think there may be a tendency for younger people to more often fall victim to less than realistic expectations about human relationships. Maybe Hollywood helps program them to think falling in love is more in the nature of winning a lottery than in putting in the work to profit from one of life’s greatest mixed blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I figured after age 30 or so you could not feel romantic love with much intensity.

What do you think?
    We are 58. Dating at 16 and married at 19. More smitten than ever before.

The age difference doesn't bother me in the least other than she could live many years without him. But today's decision cannot be based on 30 years from now. Now if she were 19 and he 33, that life experience level could be challenging and/or unsuccessful.

Perhaps you have to 'be here' to know it exists

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

Why would you think that?
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Why would you think that?
    Because he hasn't experienced it?

I’m with Gardnr. It just keeps getting better.

With the right person? No, you can still be goofy-smile-when-you-see-them heart-singing smitten with them even after years and years. You simply have to be willing to believe it can happen.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Last week DH was clomping around wearing his work boots and his cargo shorts. I enjoyed that sight! I asked him to wear the same outfit the next day for my viewing pleasure but he couldn't because the shorts were filthy. Sadz.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-14-19 at 11:58am.

Thread Information