Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 171

Thread: Top 3 things that give your life meaning.

  1. #141
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    You have bashed Catherine's son and numerous other people for having children you think they cannot afford. You do not recognize the benefits of children to society.
    Hey Jeppy, I thought more about this comment of yours. What is really striking is how much it reveals about you.

    Just go above and read my statements of support for Catherine's son. Read her responses.

    It is also obvious how you are trying to do that very passive-aggressive thing where you try to turn others against me with your little lies. Again, the watermark of a powerless person.

    And the way you are relentlessly moving away from the topic that you originally tried to put front and center because you realized how wrong you are.

    What really dawned on me this morning is that the reason you lie and are passive-aggressive and why you have this creepy obsession with me is that you are probably mentally ill or possibly emotionally sick in some way. Maybe you had a really bad romance with a man decades ago and it left you so psychologically damaged or maybe you just have some kind of mental illness from genetics. I don't know what the cause is, but after trouncing you in this argument over and over and over I started to feel like sad for you, like pity. Yes, I felt pity for you.

    So look, say whatever you want about me. Say whatever you want about the PSLF program. If that opens up the valve and releases steam for you -- great! Maybe it keeps you from losing it mentally/emotionally and doing something potentially dangerous.

    Once I realized this about you, I just don't feel right about arguing with you anymore. It doesn't feel ethical for me to argue this way with someone who has some sort of mental/emotional condition that makes them say and behave in anti-social, creepy, obsessive ways.

    So when you insult me or start grinding your ax against me in the future, I am simply going to wish you well. Because I do wish you well and I hope you can eventually overcome whatever mental/emotional condition you have.

    Take care.

  2. #142
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14,893
    Gee, that is a whole lotta speculation about yppej’s mental status. I wouldnt take that to the bank.

    But by all means, stop Responding to her, UL, for whatever reason because that would be a good thing.

  3. #143
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,978
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Gee, that is a whole lotta speculation about yppej’s mental status. I wouldnt take that to the bank.

    But by all means, stop Responding to her, UL, for whatever reason because that would be a good thing.
    Yes, it is speculation. I am not and did not try to diagnose her with anything specific. But her behaviors I noted in there -- accurate! The passive-aggressiveness, the creepy obsession with me, etc. But I could have said:

    "Jeppy, you seem like a mentally and/or emotionally unstable person. So I feel bad for you and don't intend to argue with you anymore."

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    126
    My relationships: husband, his family, friends and neighbors. The beautiful place I live. The work I've done emotionally. In short, where I am, now.

  5. #145
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    9,695
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    My relationships: husband, his family, friends and neighbors. The beautiful place I live. The work I've done emotionally. In short, where I am, now.
    Thank you for getting this train back on track
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  6. #146
    Senior Member herbgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,129
    I am not and did not try to diagnose her with anything specific. But her behaviors I noted in there -- accurate! The passive-aggressiveness, the creepy obsession with me, etc. But I could have said:
    How is continuing to argue the same points with the same person over and over and over for many months not also a creepy obsession?

  7. #147
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,978
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    How is continuing to argue the same points with the same person over and over and over for many months not also a creepy obsession?
    Again, Jeppy pokes me and that is cool, right? But I poke back and it is some heresy? Come on.

  8. #148
    Senior Member herbgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,129
    Again, Jeppy pokes me and that is cool, right? But I poke back and it is some heresy? Come on.
    My point being that you call her engaging with you a "creeepy obsession" but you also do the same thing back. You could choose to not engage. But you don't. Not sure why. I think she is being petty and passive aggressive, but your behavior is not much better.

  9. #149
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,978
    Then when Jeppy harshed the mellow of this cool thread, no one said anything to her. When she insulted my character on here, no one said anything to her. So I figured I had a right to argue back. Is that not accurate?

  10. #150
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,978
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    My point being that you call her engaging with you a "creeepy obsession" but you also do the same thing back. You could choose to not engage. But you don't. Not sure why. I think she is being petty and passive aggressive, but your behavior is not much better.
    So why are you not vocally criticizing her? Instead, you come after me for arguing back at her, literally in defense of my own character which she attacked.
    Makes perfect sense.

    Herbgeek, also, let this be known. I have no idea if you are male or female or how you self-identify. But I am arguing with you and picking apart your critical posts of me. Why? Because I disagree with you. See how that works?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •