Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super simple work-outs!

I walk 4 miles a day since I was 30.

I forgot to say, I start my routine with a 15minute yoga routine..............sigh

I have a pedometer app on my phone. So far today, I have 1232 steps.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Meets the criteria of 'super simple' but not sure about the workout part.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Meets the criteria of 'super simple' but not sure about the workout part.
    The day's still young, I'll break 2000 before bed and never even break a sweat.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I walk at least 10,000 steps daily but that is not enough exercise. That is why I joined a fitness center and also why I am looking into doing more strength training and functional exercises.

2,000 steps is only about 1 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Every morning I walk two brisk miles before doing anything else. Then I do a simple routine of toe touches, leg lifts, 5lb weight bicep curls, dead lifts, flies etc. standing up and laying on my back. Then I have a cup of coffee.
    I have access to pools and with Medicare a free gym membership at a beautiful gym so those are next five to six times a week. in some combination. Sometimes step aerobics, yoga, various other classes, treadmill or water aerobics and swimming laps. My step count per day is over 20,000 and I ride my bike and walk as much as I can. My first meal is protein, fat and vegetable packed at 10:30-11 am. I eat again at around 5-6, usually steamed veggies, nuts, cheese, meat or fish, butter and full fat dressings. I often go for an evening walk. No sugar except small amounts of fruit every few days, no processed carbs. No eating between meals, no artificial sweeteners, no alcohol. As much organic, free range as I can get. Like people ate before there was an obesity crisis. Never in history has there been a lack of physical activity and abundance of food like we have, or so much processed sugar and processed fat processed carbohydrate cheap food.
    Clean diet and daily exercise has my hemoglobin a1c at 4.1, my cholesterol at 161, and normal BP in my late 60’s with no meds. People are surprised when they learn my age. I don’t look or feel it. Of course being retired I have the time to devote to this. I did not do nearly as well raising kids and working. But this is the time when bad habits rear their ugly head and you can easily end up with handfuls of pills, depression and decreased mobility. My life depends on it.
    I'm impressed! I am trying.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I walk at least 10,000 steps daily but that is not enough exercise. That is why I joined a fitness center and also why I am looking into doing more strength training and functional exercises.

2,000 steps is only about 1 mile.
    I know, I was being goofy. I've also done several sit-ups on my to and from the kitchen.

It's not hard to do them, but it's hard to start doing them. That is the point for me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongsoul View Post
    It's not hard to do them, but it's hard to start doing them. That is the point for me every time.
    It's odd, isn't it? When I'm in exercising mode, I really love love love the way I feel, although I can slip out of practice again. On the other hand, I go on and off tee totalling. But when I'm not drinking at all, I still think of a glass of wine with deep nostalgia and it's difficult not to go pour a glass. Why is it not the same for push-ups??

Thread Information