Thread: Struggling with space

Struggling with space

My space is a mess right now. I am really into creating for 2 fairs coming up so lots of materials and projects out. I am not getting it cleaned up every night like I like to. Plus I need to really spread out my stuff for the fairs but keep the cat off of it. The house is quite small so even with cooperation with my roommate I woulda have a hard time. The tiny living is not always that simple or easy! I need to put aside money for my goal of just renting a room for 2 years.

ZG: I do not understand. Aren't you renting a room now? Or are you talking about renting another room specifically for crafting? I know around here there are now some makers' spaces where you pay a monthly fee to have access to tools and space for various creative endeavors.

Oh that last sentence makes no sense, posting in the middle of the night is a bad idea. It is my room I rent that is very small. I looked at one maker space for $50 a month but it didn't have storage. That means hauling things pretty far. I have the idea of using a room at the library for a couple hours of work laying things out and pricing. Also a friend offered her spare bedroom on a temporary basis to prep for the fairs and then she wants to borrow my long table that sits in storage much of the time

Is there a maker space with storage for more money? I would think that a better solution as then you could co-mingle with other artists and get the stuff into the space where you will use it.

Thread Information