Thread: What to do with.......

What to do with.......

Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. I had been seeing a lot of recipes for these so i bought some a few weeks ago when they were $0.98/#. Now I can't find the recipes. Do you have favorite flavorful dish that's not basic grilling or oven roasting? I thawed a package from the freezer and need to use them tonight!

Pea shoots. I have a big bag of these from our CSA. I need to use them tonight!

Round steak: we were gifted 2 home-raised packages from our neighbor with whom we've been sharing our garden produce. (I never buy this cut). These are in the freezer so I've got some time.

Let's get some great food chat happening around here!

Whenever I have chicken that I am wanting to use up in a time frame, I simply brown and simmer with flavouring of choice, discard the skins and bones and freeze in portions. Then I can make fajitas, soup or a stir fry with the chicken on short notice.

I didnt know what pea shoots were so researched and found this - https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edi...pea-shoots.htm
    Add some chicken and have a stir fry.

It has been so long since I had a round steak that I will let others speak to this one.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I love chicken thighs which is why I am fat. I don’t buy them often because I try to stay away from factory farmed chicken. But anyway.

I like making a curry with them which means put them in the slow cooker with coconut milk inappropriate flavorings, cook until nearly done then add vegetables for your curry like carrots peppers whatever. Serve on top of rice.

Same thing can be done for an Italian type dish – cook chicken thighs in onions, garlic, water until nearly done, then add tomato sauce, some tomatoes, perhaps peppers. Serve on top of rice.

We buy the family pack of chicken thighs on sale and repackage into 4 or 5 per bag. We do the slow cooker th(partial to Indian sauces)or coat them and bake them and have them for multiple meals. Great on a salad.

For cooked chicken, we cannot beat Costco's loss leader cooked 3 lb. chickens. We get multiple meals and bones for stock from each one. Probably get two per month since we pass Costco now whenever we visit Mom.

Pea shoots are awesome chopped up in salads, or in a stir fry.

You could use them to make fajitas or you could put them in slow cooker with barbecue sauce.

Stuff with some feta under the skin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Mix soy sauce and fig jam or other jam, apple cider vinegar or lemong. Put in casserole, pour soy,fig,vinegar sauce over and cook covered at 350 for 45 min to an hour. My husband's favorite.

We just grill chicken thighs. Lots of the fat drips out.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I love chicken thighs which is why I am fat. I don’t buy them often because I try to stay away from factory farmed chicken. But anyway. ...
    I eat chicken thighs when I'm actively trying to lose weight--which seems to be always. Carbohydrates, on the other hand.

Whatever you end up doing Gardnr, save the bones and some of the skin for bone broth.

And--might I recommend an Instant Pot? I just talked myself out of buying the new model with sous vide capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. I had been seeing a lot of recipes for these so i bought some a few weeks ago when they were $0.98/#. Now I can't find the recipes. Do you have favorite flavorful dish that's not basic grilling or oven roasting? I thawed a package from the freezer and need to use them tonight!

Pea shoots. I have a big bag of these from our CSA. I need to use them tonight!

Round steak: we were gifted 2 home-raised packages from our neighbor with whom we've been sharing our garden produce. (I never buy this cut). These are in the freezer so I've got some time.

Let's get some great food chat happening around here!
    Cook them all up and make (as others suggested) fajitas, tostadas, chicken soup, stirfry, chicken ala king, chicken salad, ... the list is endless.

Thread Information