Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of moving

Thinking of moving

We moved down to SW Florida a little over 5 years ago. We bought a very nice house with a wonderful view.

But now the wife is wanting to look at some homes in the area. Of coarse they will cost more, not including just the cost of moving and realtors.

At least she is wanting to stay in the area. We are going to look at a home today that is way to big, and probably needs work. At least it is on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    We moved down to SW Florida a little over 5 years ago. We bought a very nice house with a wonderful view.

But now the wife is wanting to look at some homes in the area. Of coarse they will cost more, not including just the cost of moving and realtors.

At least she is wanting to stay in the area. We are going to look at a home today that is way to big, and probably needs work. At least it is on the water.
    This sounds like a reasonable trajectory. It's great you are liking the area enough to stay and get something even better. On the water sounds ideal in SW Florida, where you get the breezes.

I like working on houses, though.

Best of luck making the best decision for the 2 of you.

If you’re there I guess you might as well be on the water.

The wife loved the house, I don’t. It’s way to big, and it’s a two story, but it does have a cool elevator. It’s described as a English cottage style, seems more German to me. It does have some really neat features, a library with a ladder that is on tracs, and a Juliet balcony off the library. And they say the view is amazing from the widows peak, but I’m not climbing up the ladder to look.

The kitchen would have to be gutted and there would be quite a bit of work needed. The landscaping was a mess.

I was going to ask what that ticket booth thing was, but it must be the elevator.

so, if you are on the water you also need water in your lannai thing with a hot tub and an indoor pool?
    Hmmmm.

what did your wife like about this house?

I think she just likes taking on a project. For what it would cost to get this one nice, you could buy a pretty nice home down here. And you would still have a house that really doesn’t fit in. The neighborhood is very nice though. But another problem is it does not have much room in the back for my new boat.

There are are many other houses to chose from, and there is nothing wrong with the house we are in.

And yes, even if your on the water, you have to have a pool. And we also have a hot tub that the grandkids love.

Dude. I would hold out for a prettier house.

Thread Information